Germany will be looking to win a fifth World Cup title at the Nov. 20-Dec. 18 tournament in Qatar. Here's what you need to know about their squad:
How many players are Germany allowed to take to Qatar?
* Teams will be able to select up to 26 players for this year's World Cup after FIFA increased the maximum limit for squads by three in June, citing the unusual timing of the tournament as well as the impact of COVID-19.
* Coaches have until Nov. 14 to decide on their final list of 26 players by an 1800 GMT deadline.
Who is in Germany's World Cup 2022 squad?
* Goalkeepers: Manuel Neuer (Bayern Munich), Marc-Andre ter Stegen (Barcelona), Kevin Trapp (Eintracht Frankfurt)
Keeper Neuer will lead the team and remains first choice for a fourth consecutive World Cup.
* Defenders: Matthias Ginter (Freiburg), Antonio Ruediger (Real Madrid), Niklas Suele (Borussia Dortmund), Nico Schlotterbeck (Borussia Dortmund), Thilo Kehrer (West Ham United), David Raum (RB Leipzig), Lukas Klostermann, Armel Bella Kotchap (Southampton), Christian Guenter (Freiburg)
Real Madrid's Ruediger will be tasked with plugging the holes in a leaky backline which has kept just one clean sheet in eight matches this year.
* Midfielders: Ilkay Gundogan (Manchester City), Jonas Hofmann (Borussia Moenchengladbach), Leon Goretzka, Serge Gnabry, Leroy Sane, Jamal Musiala, Joshua Kimmich, Thomas Mueller (all Bayern Munich), Julian Brandt (Borussia Dortmund), Mario Goetze (Eintracht Frankfurt)
Bayern Munich provide a strong midfield core with Mueller, Musiala, Sane, Gnabry, Goretzka and Kimmich. Goetze, who scored the winning goal in the 2014 World Cup final, returns to the squad.
* Forwards: Kai Havertz (Chelsea), Youssoufa Moukoko (Borussia Dortmund), Niklas Fuellkrug (Werder Bremen), Karim Adeyemi Borussia Dortmund)
Chelsea's Havertz will provide Germany with an option up front in the absence of RB Leipzig's Timo Werner.
What are the notable omissions?
* Borussia Dortmund captain Marco Reus and defender Mats Hummels miss out, with the former failing to recover from injury in time.
* Timo Werner was ruled out of the World Cup due to an ankle injury.
Which teams will Germany face in the group stage?
* Germany will play Spain, Costa Rica and Japan in Group E.
* Germany have a warm-up match against Oman on Nov. 16.
What was Germany's squad at the 2018 World Cup?
* Goalkeepers: Manuel Neuer (Bayern Munich), Marc-Andre ter Stegen (Barcelona), Kevin Trapp (Paris St Germain)
* Defenders: Jerome Boateng (Bayern Munich), Matthias Ginter (Borussia Moenchengladbach), Jonas Hector (Cologne), Mats Hummels (Bayern Munich), Joshua Kimmich (Bayern Munich), Marvin Plattenhardt (Hertha Berlin), Antonio Ruediger (Chelsea), Niklas Suele (Bayern Munich)
* Midfielders: Julian Brandt (Bayer Leverkusen), Julian Draxler (Paris St Germain), Leon Goretzka (Schalke 04), Ilkay Gundogan (Manchester City), Sami Khedira (Juventus), Toni Kroos (Real Madrid), Thomas Mueller (Bayern Munich), Marco Reus (Borussia Dortmund), Sebastian Rudy (Bayern Munich), Mesut Ozil (Arsenal)
* Forwards: Mario Gomez (VfB Stuttgart), Timo Werner (RB Leipzig)