Organisers say they were attacked but police claim it was among themselves
Other Top Stories
Court fixes Feb 25 for witness depositions UPDATES
"Our newspapers need to be transparent and change from the entrenched affairs they have been," Syed Badrul Ahsan writes.
The galaxy is still far, far away from an Oscar.
With its huge mandate the NLD can choose the next president, but under the army-drafted constitution, she herself cannot take the job
The technique saves pesticide cost for farmers and ensures chemical-free vegetables for consumers
Was Latif not involved?
The designer of Chittagong Awami League MP MA Latif's billboard has admitted to distorting the Bangabandhu's photo. He says the MP was not involved in it. Do you think Latif is responsible anyway because he ordered the billboard?
Yes - 75%
No - 25%
Total number of votes: 55
- Ban-Ki moon offers Hasina membership in UN water panel
- HSC candidates protest before Dhaka City College
- Sultana returning to Netherlands; failed to find her roots in Bangladesh
- Justice Shamsuddin says Supreme Court finally 'agrees to accept his verdicts, orders'
- MPs demand Mahfuz Anam be tried, Daily Star shut down
- Man claiming to be Bangladeshi terrorist caught in Silchar
- Mahfuza Akter wins gold in swimming at South Asian Games
- GSP facilities give no extra benefit to any country exporting ready-made garments: Bernicat
- Designer takes responsibility, apologises for distorting Bangabandhu's photo
- Parliament website’s English version gets Feni-3 MP’s party affiliation wrong
- Qatar to take more than 200,000 Bangladesh workers: Minister
- Prime suspect of Keraniganj schoolboy Abdullah's murder killed in shootout: RAB
- DU students block Karwan Bazar protesting Ansar ‘assault’
- McCullum heads into ODI retirement with NZ victory
- Myanmar presidential vote set for March 17 as transition talks drag on
- At least four injured in brawl during demonstration against Chittagong MP MA Latif
- Exports in first seven months of fiscal up by eight percent
- Di Maria grabs winner as PSG sink rivals Marseille
- Govt okays proposal to send 1.5 million people to Malaysia
- Chief Justice reshuffles Appellate Division benches after swearing in three judges
- Court indicts 35 including Nur Hossain, three ex-RAB officials for Narayanganj seven-murder
- Two more survivors found, Taiwan quake toll could exceed 100
- Two including Juba League leader shot at Chittagong’s Satkania
- Chief Justice swears in three judges to the Appellate Division
- Woman pulled alive from rubble two days after Taiwan quake
- Missing boy’s body found in septic tank of Dhaka building
The criticism follows Editor Mahfuz Anam’s admission on a TV programme that he ran reports fed by DGFI
The MoU is expected to be signed between the countries in a month, says the Cabinet secretary
Bangladesh’s exports between July and January stand at $19.26 billion
The United Nations Security Council vows action after North Korea's latest rocket launch
A tattooed Deepika is seen posing with the Hollywood actor in photos taken during the first day of shooting "xXx: The Return of Xander Cage"