The nation gears up to celebrate the biggest religious festival of the year
Other Top Stories
The BNP reacts angrily to his mere transfer to Brazil as Bangladesh envoy
Why is it that we attempt to learn our history through cinema and not through actual study of it?
If Hamas is destroyed, something more dangerous will take its place, warns a top Pentagon official
Bacterial behaviour has led scientists to believe that it can help find life signs on other planets
Scientists warn that the earth is nearing the early days of the sixth mass biological extinction
AL nothing without JP?
Citing Jatiya Party's support in the 1996 and 2008 government, its Secretary General Ziauddin Ahmed Bablu claims the Awami League cannot go to power without his party's support. Do you think so?
Yes - 60%
Na - 40%
Total number of votes: 77
- Mijarul Quayes fired as UK envoy
- Eid in Middle East on Monday
- Eid joys descend on Bangladesh
- Expats return in large numbers
- Eid congregation timings
- AL calls emergency meeting
- 4 burnt in Rayer Bazaar saloon blast
- 'Cop killer' dies in ‘encounter’
- Traffic cripples Mawa, Paturia
- Destroy Hamas? Something worse would follow: Pentagon intel chief
- Eid weather forecast
- UN official stresses talks
- BNP angry at Mijarul Quayes not being recalled: BNP
- ‘Let Eid bring joy to all’
- Ousted Thai PM faces power-abuse allegation
- 7-day special Eid trains from Jul 31
- 1,100 killed in Ukraine: UN
- Khaleda to greet people at BICC
- Renew humanitarian truce in Gaza: UN
- Khaleda calls on Palestine ambassador
- PM condemns Israeli massacre
- Jatiya Party expels Solaiman
The BNP says the PM's remark against its agitation plan has hinted at a 'bloody confrontation'
Colombia's goalkeeper David Ospina celebrates after the whistle is blown after the 2014 World Cup Group C match between Colombia and Ivory Coast at the Brasilia national stadium in Brasilia June 19, 2014. Reuters
The Colombia goalie made 189 Ligue 1 appearances over six years with Nice
It hopes to assess all 1,500 factories by September but also reports funds crunch
UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon urged Israel and te Islamist Hamas movement to renew a humanitarian ceasefire in Gaza.