Police are accused of wounding him fatally while trying to extort money
Other Top Stories
Leaders left out of Chhatra Dal’s new committee hold a demonstration outside the BNP’s Naya Paltan headquarters
"Our newspapers need to be transparent and change from the entrenched affairs they have been," Syed Badrul Ahsan writes.
The galaxy is still far, far away from an Oscar.
With its huge mandate the NLD can choose the next president, but under the army-drafted constitution, she herself cannot take the job
The technique saves pesticide cost for farmers and ensures chemical-free vegetables for consumers
Was Latif not involved?
The designer of Chittagong Awami League MP MA Latif's billboard has admitted to distorting the Bangabandhu's photo. He says the MP was not involved in it. Do you think Latif is responsible anyway because he ordered the billboard?
Yes - 69%
No - 31%
Total number of votes: 64
- Ban-Ki moon offers Hasina membership in UN water panel
- Sultana returning to Netherlands; failed to find her roots in Bangladesh
- HSC candidates protest before Dhaka City College
- Justice Shamsuddin says Supreme Court finally 'agrees to accept his verdicts, orders'
- MPs demand Mahfuz Anam be tried, Daily Star shut down
- Man claiming to be Bangladeshi terrorist caught in Silchar
- Mahfuza Akter wins gold in swimming at South Asian Games
- GSP facilities give no extra benefit to any country exporting ready-made garments: Bernicat
- Parliament website’s English version gets Feni-3 MP’s party affiliation wrong
- Designer takes responsibility, apologises for distorting Bangabandhu's photo
- Prime suspect of Keraniganj schoolboy Abdullah's murder killed in shootout: RAB
- Court indicts 35 including Nur Hossain, three ex-RAB officials for Narayanganj seven-murder
- More rescued two days after Taiwan quake; toll could exceed 100
- US athletes should consider not attending Olympics if fear Zika: officials
- Ershad tells Raushon to hand over power to new generation
- Russian firepower helps Syrian forces edge towards Turkey border
- BNP office torched by leaders left out of Chhatra Dal committee
- North Korea rocket launch may spur US missile defense buildup in Asia
- British businesses want to expand operations in Bangladesh, says new envoy Alison Blake
- Detective Branch to probe tea-seller death
- Govt appoints former bureaucrat Kamal Uddin as BPSC member
- Some Australian asylum seekers to be deported have cancer, terminal illnesses
- Potential New Hampshire spoiler Kasich could pose threat to Rubio
- Suicide bomber in Afghan city kills three, wounds 14
- United showing they can play attractive football – Mata
- DU students block Karwan Bazar protesting Ansar ‘assault’
The criticism follows Editor Mahfuz Anam’s admission on a TV programme that he ran reports fed by DGFI
Van Gaal's men have been playing an attacking brand of football lately
The MoU is expected to be signed between the countries in a month, says the Cabinet secretary
Bangladesh’s exports between July and January stand at $19.26 billion
The Syrian army advanced towards the Turkish border in a major offensive backed by Russia and Iran
A tattooed Deepika is seen posing with the Hollywood actor in photos taken during the first day of shooting "xXx: The Return of Xander Cage"