New data emerge from a BBS survey done across 64 districts
Other Top Stories
The government accepts the annual exports will dip, blaming it on two major currencies that have lost value
I am unresolved if political feminism can move us forward in a country like Bangladesh, Kayes Ahmed writes
Maung Maung Ohn has been interviewed by the India’s Outlook magazine
The aircraft is expected to raise about $3 million for charity when it goes up for auction next week
Review of judgment essential?
Finance Minister AMA Muhith says a review of the verdict on the Masdar Hossain case that separated the judiciary from the executive is needed to bring balance to different institutions. Do you share his view?
Yes - 67%
No - 33%
Total number of votes: 39
- Bangladesh suffer miserable defeat in first T20 against South Africa
- Heartbreak again for Argentina as hosts Chile win on penalties to clinch their first ever Copa America title
- Argentina face Chile in history-rich Copa America final
- Bangladeshi family of UK safe with us: Islamic State
- Resolute Bangladesh face South Africa to square T20 record
- Bangladesh Police chief advises opposition BNP chief Khaleda Zia to be ‘more responsible’ with her comments
- Islamic State 'massacres 25 men in Palmyra'
- Kushtia MP Abdur Rouf stops Brazilian wheat from entering local warehouse
- Education secretary admits taking risks over results
- It's a dream to work with big stars, says Sunny Leone
- 'Tripura can be Bangladesh's IT backyard'
- College admission complications ‘agony of development’, Education Minister Nahid says
- DB asks DC for cancellation of MP son Rony’s firearms licences
- Difference between the rich and the poor in Bangladesh is still huge: BBS
- Bangladesh produces record 8,032MW power for a single day
- BNP chief Khaleda says government misrule and corruption have crippled Bangladesh
- Opinion polls show 'No' ahead in Greek bailout referendum
- President urges PGR members not to isolate dignitaries from people
- Defiant EC says US, UK, EU’s funding withdrawal does not prove a ‘lack of trust’
- Daughter may have persuaded British family of Bangladesh origin to join Islamic State, relatives suspect
- Bangladesh captain Mashrafe laments missing opportunity to beat South Africa
- 'Inside Out' provides Fourth of July fireworks over 'Terminator,' 'Magic Mike XXL'
Greece's debt, Russia's role in Ukraine, UK's attempt to change its relationship with the bloc and Mediterranean migration risk the EU's unity
Opinion polls released after Greece's bailout referendum suggest voters have defied Europe’s warnings