Mbappe, Falcao send Monaco into semi-finals
Published: 2017-04-20 02:52:48.0 BdST Updated: 2017-04-20 02:52:48.0 BdST
Kylian Mbappe and Radamel Falcao struck early as Monaco reached the Champions League semi-finals with a 3-1 home win over Borussia Dortmund on Wednesday that sealed a 6-3 aggregate victory.
French prodigy Mbappe and Colombia striker Falcao scored in the third and 17th minutes before Marco Reus gave the visitors hope with a 48th-minute goal, only for substitute Valere Germain to wrap up the win for the French side nine minutes from time.
Monaco joined Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid and Juventus in the last four of Europe's premier cub competition.
The incident occurred a week after the first leg was postponed by 24 hours after the Borussia team bus was attacked with explosives on its way to the stadium.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Griezmann agent confirms 'concrete' move from United
- Bale set to miss semi-final with Atletico with calf injury
- Clasico win has revitalised Barca title bid - Luis Enrique
- All eyes on Stuttgart as Sharapova poised for return
- Serena thanks unborn baby after returning to world number one
- Chelsea still a team in transition, says Conte
- City need 'important' derby win against United, says Navas
- Ibrahimovic vows to return stronger from injury
- Arsenal want to win FA Cup for Wenger, says Ramsey
- Real’s title credentials to be tested at Riazor
- Bangladesh directors to boycott actor Shakib Khan
- RAB arrests BUET student, suspected JMB ‘bomb expert’
- SSC results date announced
- Emma Watson remembers Rana Plaza in tweet
- India-owned BHEL gets $1.5 billion order to build Rampal Power Plant
- China to invest $2 billion in Bangladesh construction materials sector
- 12,000 illegal Bangladeshi immigrants ready to leave Saudi Arabia
- Law Minister Anisul Huq asks chief justice not to complain publicly
- Device found in Sylhet school not a bomb, says RAB
- Five-year-old Sumaiya missing for 23 days now