City hit back to earn a draw with Liverpool
Published: 2017-03-20 00:55:56.0 BdST Updated: 2017-03-20 00:55:56.0 BdST
Manchester City had to come from behind to hold Liverpool 1-1 as both teams lost ground in the Premier League following victories for Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur.
City, in third place, stayed a point ahead of the Merseysiders with a game in hand thanks to Sergio Aguero's equalising goal.
Knocked out of the Champions League by Monaco in midweek, City fell behind when full back Gael Clichy conceded a penalty six minutes after halftime and James Milner scored from the spot against his old club.
Liverpool, who had come into the game more after a slow start, were pegged back 18 minutes later when Aguero scored from Kevin de Bruyne's fine low cross.
De Bruyne then hit a post and Adam Lallana missed badly for Liverpool in an exciting finish.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Spurs beat local rivals Arsenal to keep up title challenge
- Gabriel Jesus header gives City 2-2 draw at Middlesbrough
- Chelsea take step towards title with win at Everton
- United held at home by Swansea after Sigurdsson strike
- Bayern take fifth straight Bundesliga crown with win at Wolfsburg
- Joshua wins world titles with 11th-round stoppage of Klitschko
- Suarez and Rakitic see Barca through Espanyol test to stay top
- Vardy on target as Leicester beat West Brom 1-0
- Murray sent packing by Thiem in Barcelona semi-final
- Late Marcelo strike keeps Real title bid on track; Granada relegated
- Bangla film star Shakib Khan boycotted indefinitely
- Suspicion over claim against Dhaka University teacher over use of 'indecent' photos
- Bangladesh prodded to 'reposition’ itself to improve business climate
- New VAT law: Heated exchange between Muhith, FBCCI
- Sehri and iftar timings for the coming Ramadan
- Mashrafe flying back to Bangladesh from England as wife falls sick
- Steps will be taken if neglect found in haor dam construction: PM
- Why Bangladesh was not warned of Haor flooding by India, asks BELA
- Awami League General Secretary Obaidul Quader warns party leaders and supporters
- Bangladesh is now free of formalin in food, says commerce minister