New York-based Bangladeshi says Jewel violated copyrights for 'Mukhosh Manush' film
Staff Correspondent bdnews24.com
Published: 2017-01-01 22:57:27.0 BdST Updated: 2017-01-01 22:57:27.0 BdST
A New York-based Bangladeshi writer has accused the director of new movie "Mukhosh Manush - The Fake" of having copied his story for the movie.
The expatriate, Nasir Uddin, says Yasir Arafat Jewel simply plagiarised his plot.
But Jewel, who has made a foray as a director with the movie, has refuted the allegation saying there is nothing unusual with more than one person conceiving a similar storyline.
On Dec 25, Nasir's friend Jillur Rahman made a GD entry with the Shahbagh police accusing Jewel of causing financial losses to his friend and former Dhaka University alumnus Nasir.
Nasir claims released at cinemas on Dec 30, the movie was originally a play written by him.
Speaking to bdnews24.com, Nasir said Jewel asked Nasir to write a plot for a drama back in 2014.
Nasir claims that Jewel paid him a token money for the plot of "Neel", the drama he gave Jewel in return.
At that time Jewel cited budget constraints and paid him a very paltry sum, Nasir said.
Nasir claims the name of "Neel" has been altered to the present title and made into a movie.
Jewel has, however, refuted the allegations against him.
"I may write on Rabindranath and so may he. There may be traces of resemblance in both our versions," he said arguing that similar plots coming out of two different minds is not an impossibility.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- The truth is still out there as 'X-Files' returns for new season
- Drake profits are sought in New York lawsuit
- 'Fate of the Furious' Debuts to Hefty $100.2 Million
- Environment, politics and 'The Godfather' on Tribeca film fest menu
- Hollywood's Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner file for divorce
- Apu visits ‘ailing’ Shakib in hospital
- Actor Shakib Khan hospitalised amid bickering with wife, co-actor Apu Biswas
- Sanjay Dutt biopic 60 percent complete, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Actor Shakib Khan says co-star wife Apu Biswas ‘stepped into a trap’
- Well if he calls this a conspiracy, says Apu Biswas about Shakib wanting to hide their son
- Bangladesh, Poland agree to work on migration and maritime economy sectors
- Jatiya Party presidium member Bablu marries Ershad’s niece
- Lightning kills five in Bangladesh coastal districts
- India 'relaxes' loan conditions for Bangladesh, Finance Minister Muhith says
- Shakib announced captain for Bangladesh T20 team
- Signal No. 3 hoisted at ports due to bad weather, rain may continue
- Coal vessel capsizes on Kirtankhola river
- ISPR dismisses Times of India report on Indian Army chief's Dhaka visit as 'baseless'
- Man burns himself in attempted suicide during altercation with 'girlfriend'
- Death toll in Afghan base attack rises to 140, officials say