Motherhood is biggest challenge for 'Woman of the Year' Madonna
Published: 2016-12-11 03:29:20.0 BdST Updated: 2016-12-11 03:29:20.0 BdST
Madonna has been presented with Billboard magazine's Woman of the Year award, but the seven-time Grammy Award winner says one of her biggest challenges is being a good mother.
"The biggest accomplishment I think was finishing my tour, doing my shows every night. And dealing with the challenges of being a mother. That's always the challenge for me. Being a good mother, being an artist, getting through it all," the "Material Girl" singer told reporters on the New York red carpet on Friday.
Madonna, 58, who has four children, in March completed her 82-show "Rebel Heart" world tour while embroiled in a legal battle over the custody of her 16 year-old son Rocco with ex-husband Guy Ritchie.
Rocco left Madonna during the tour to live with Ritchie in London. The dispute was settled in September.
The annual Billboard Women in Music awards recognize women who have made significant contributions to the music business and who have inspired other women.
Other honorees on Friday included, pop singer Kesha, country-pop star Shania Twain, jazz singer Andra Day, pop star Meghan Trainor, electro-pop artist Halsey and country singer Maren Morris.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Knight Riders, Gauri Khan pulled up for forex rule violation
- Anupam Kher to be honoured with Kala Ratan Award
- Rebooted Power Rangers return to big screen
- Harrison Ford called himself a 'schmuck' after plane incident
- Disney stole 'Zootopia,' writer claims in US lawsuit
- Vast Beatles collection goes on auction in Paris
- Rock 'n' roll pioneer Chuck Berry dies at 90
- Polanski cannot dictate terms to end rape case: LA prosecutors
- Ben Affleck says he has completed treatment for alcohol addiction
- Paul McCartney should wait to get back Beatles songs, Sony/ATV says
- Army para-commandos, SWAT launch assault on militant den in Sylhet's Shibbarhi
- At least one killed, 20 injured in blast near militant den being raided by army commandos
- Army commandos end assault on militant hideout in Sylhet
- Superb Tamim, gritty Shakib fire Bangladesh to crushing win over Sri Lanka
- Donald Trump greets Abdul Hamid, Sheikh Hasina on Bangladesh’s Independence Day
- One killed in blast near Dhaka airport; police rule out 'suicide attack'
- Crocodile kills man at Barguna eco-park
- Army para-commandos, SWAT, police wait for final assault at Sylhet ‘militant den’
- Bangladesh information minister backs controversial Section 57 of ICT Act
- Mashrafe urges Mustafizur to shine against Sri Lanka in Dambulla