Dhaka University’s IER rectifies result that ‘passed’ candidate who skipped admission test
Dhaka University Correspondent, bdnews24.com
Published: 2016-11-25 22:32:51.0 BdST Updated: 2016-11-25 22:32:51.0 BdST
The Institute of Education and Research (IER) of Dhaka University has revised the results of the evening MA admission test that had shown a candidate passed the test without taking it.
The IER launched an investigation following media reports that a candidate cleared the test she did not attend on Nov 18.
The result of the admission test of the evening Masters of Education (MEd) course was published on Wednesday.
The IER in a statement of Friday said a candidate named Nasrin Hossain sat in absent candidate Pallabi Baroi's seat by mistake. Nasrin also mistook her roll number 2558 for Pallabi's 2553 and put it on the answer sheet creating the confusion.
In the revised result, Nasrin passed and Pallabi was dropped from the list of successful candidates following Nasrin's complaint, it added.
Earlier, after seeing her roll number among the passed candidates, Pallabi's brother wrote to Dhaka University authorities.
He said she could not sit the test due to illness but her name appeared on list of passed candidates.
He asked the university to check if there was any fraudulent activity involved in it.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- India invites applications for new courses
- RUET teachers start strike to protest student demonstrations
- Old friends from DU English Department return to campus
- Dhaka University English Department alumni reunion on Friday
- Pro-AL Blue Panel nominates alleged war criminal's brother Rafiqul for DU dean election
- DU pro-AL teachers object to reappointment of alleged war criminal's brother as dean
- Student found dead in Dhaka University residential hall
- Dhaka University teacher loses job for sexually harassing student
- SUST reopens after students block the VC’s office for 21 hours
- Poll materials taken to centres in Narayanganj City
- Former Indian army veterans all praise for Bangladesh para-commandos
- Rain sinks Sri Lanka hopes after Mendis century, Taskin hat-trick in Dambulla
- Bombs turned Atia Mahal into a death trap, says army after Operation Twilight
- Autopsy done on bodies of two militants killed in Sylhet
- Police get control of Sylhet’s 'Atia Mahal' as army ends 'Operation Twilight'
- Visitors barred at Dhaka airport terminals to beef up security ahead of IPU Assembly
- Security forces raiding two militant hideouts in Moulvibazar
- No cause for satisfaction over 'successes in a few anti-terror raids', says BNP chief Khaleda
- Bangladesh information minister backs controversial Section 57 of ICT Act
- Messi banned for four international matches