Aircraft makes emergency landing in Ctg
Published: 2014-05-30 12:31:52.0 BdST Updated: 2014-05-30 14:57:28.0 BdST
An Air Arabia flight has made an emergency landing in Chittagong 45 minutes after takeoff due to a technical glitch, airport authorities say.
The Sharjah-bound flight left Shah Amanat International Airport with 134 passengers on board at 10:10am on Friday.
"The airlines authorities said they had encountered technical difficulties shortly after taking off," immigration police's Additional Deputy Commissioner Mizanur Rahman said.
Airport manager Wing Commander Nur-e-Alam said the pilot found "pressurisation problem" after climbing to 10,000 metres.
"Air pressure is low in the upper atmosphere; so, the cabin's air pressure has to be kept normal," he explained.
"But due to a problem, the cabin pressure was not normal, forcing the plane to make an emergency landing," Alam said.
The plane took off for its destination at 12:42pm, he said.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Bangladesh ace Mustafizur out of IPL's second qualifier with injury
- Hasina specifies Bangladesh’s importance through G7 Outreach Meeting in Japan: Officials
- Nine dead after bus falls off bridge in central Bangladesh
- PM Hasina talks to Obama, others on sidelines of G7 Outreach Meeting
- Smart NID cards project stuck, EC gets reminder
- Amber Heard accuses estranged husband Johnny Depp of domestic violence
- Bangladesh scheduled for Boxing Day tie on New Zealand tour
- Sri Lanka thanks Bangladesh for relief materials
- Shakib returns home after a poor IPL stint
- Prime Minister Hasina joins G7 Outreach Meeting in Japan