Aircraft makes emergency landing in Ctg
Published: 2014-05-30 12:31:52.0 BdST Updated: 2014-05-30 14:57:28.0 BdST
An Air Arabia flight has made an emergency landing in Chittagong 45 minutes after takeoff due to a technical glitch, airport authorities say.
The Sharjah-bound flight left Shah Amanat International Airport with 134 passengers on board at 10:10am on Friday.
"The airlines authorities said they had encountered technical difficulties shortly after taking off," immigration police's Additional Deputy Commissioner Mizanur Rahman said.
Airport manager Wing Commander Nur-e-Alam said the pilot found "pressurisation problem" after climbing to 10,000 metres.
"Air pressure is low in the upper atmosphere; so, the cabin's air pressure has to be kept normal," he explained.
"But due to a problem, the cabin pressure was not normal, forcing the plane to make an emergency landing," Alam said.
The plane took off for its destination at 12:42pm, he said.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- SP Babul Aktar being questioned, says home minister
- Superintendent Babul Aktar says he was called to discuss his wife’s murder
- Dhaka-Chittagong train ‘Sonar Bangla Express’ launched
- New train ‘Sonar Bangla Express’ to start operating on Dhaka-Chittagong route from Saturday
- Bangladesh gets AIIB’s first loan for power project
- Three die, several injured as elevator falls causing wall collapse, fire in Uttara
- Death toll in Uttara elevator mishap rises to six
- Extended nine-day Eid vacation as Jul 4 announced as holiday
- ‘Three more bags’ in Dhaka's Uttara canal a week after arms haul
- Four Mumbaikars give rare blood to save Dhaka man