Korean Ambassador calls on PM
Published: 2013-03-10 15:32:18.0 BdST Updated: 2013-03-10 15:32:18.0 BdST
South Korean Ambassador to Bangladesh Lee Yun Young called on Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina at her office on Sunday.
They discussed issues related to bilateral interests, Hasina’s Press Secretary Abul Kalam Azad told reporters after the meeting.
He said the Prime Minister maintained that the relations between Bangladesh and South Korea have flourished over the years, especially in trade and investment, energy and power, infrastructure development, education and culture.
She recalled her successful visit to South Korea in May 2010 when she met former President Lee Myung-Bak.
Hasina also highlighted the success of her government in the education sector, especially the rise in enrolment at the primary level.
The Prime Minister mentioned that Bangladesh benefited from training and educational programmes under the Korean International Cooperation Agency (KOICA).
She hoped that more fellowships and scholarships would be provided by the Korean government and non-government organisations.
Hasina also congratulated the new President of South Korea, Park Geun-hye, through the South Korean envoy, on her assumption of office as the first female president in the history of Korea.
She expressed the hope that the ties between the two countries would reach new heights.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Case starts on Satkhira Chhatra League leader’s murder, 3 detained
- Netrokona court orders life sentences for three in murder of farmer
- Thakurgaon court awards death penalty to man for murdering father
- HC issues rule asking why Tangail MP Rana will not be granted bail
- Chittagong airport police stops 22 ‘Rohingyas’ from flying
- Burqa-clad women suspected of radical propaganda at Mymensingh school
- Kader Siddique loses final legal battle over Tangail-4 by-polls nomination
- Shahriar Alam leads Bangladesh at ACD meeting in Abu Dhabi
- Trucks hits motorcycle in Dhaka killing two persons
- Hindu kirtan singer’s throat slit in Khulna
- Shihab ‘killed by younger brother’, police say parents knew
- Govt urges UAE to ease visa for Bangladesh nationals
- Bangladeshi-American Behnaz Kibria nominated to US trade advisory committee
- Shakib moves to career-best place in Test batsmen rankings after Wellington Test
- Expatriate found dead beside Gazipur rail tracks hours after arriving Dhaka
- Coca-Cola eyes to strengthen roots in Bangladesh with new plant launch
- Hawkers warn Dhaka South Mayor Khokon over eviction
- Myanmar interested in taking back nationals, says Foreign Minister Ali
- As Bangladesh stock market soars, experts advise caution to investors
- Former RAB man blames ex-commander for consequences after conviction for seven murders