Korean Ambassador calls on PM
Published: 2013-03-10 15:32:18.0 BdST Updated: 2013-03-10 15:32:18.0 BdST
South Korean Ambassador to Bangladesh Lee Yun Young called on Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina at her office on Sunday.
They discussed issues related to bilateral interests, Hasina’s Press Secretary Abul Kalam Azad told reporters after the meeting.
He said the Prime Minister maintained that the relations between Bangladesh and South Korea have flourished over the years, especially in trade and investment, energy and power, infrastructure development, education and culture.
She recalled her successful visit to South Korea in May 2010 when she met former President Lee Myung-Bak.
Hasina also highlighted the success of her government in the education sector, especially the rise in enrolment at the primary level.
The Prime Minister mentioned that Bangladesh benefited from training and educational programmes under the Korean International Cooperation Agency (KOICA).
She hoped that more fellowships and scholarships would be provided by the Korean government and non-government organisations.
Hasina also congratulated the new President of South Korea, Park Geun-hye, through the South Korean envoy, on her assumption of office as the first female president in the history of Korea.
She expressed the hope that the ties between the two countries would reach new heights.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Anger, doubts boil up as gas prices raised in Bangladesh
- Jaishankar reaffirms India’s support to 'peaceful, stable' Bangladesh
- Kabori’s memoirs at Ekushey Book Fair
- PM Hasina's official visit to India in April
- Another suspect arrested over Gaibandha ruling MP Liton's killing
- Verdict in second case against industrialist Ragib Ali over tea estate fraud on Feb 26
- Cricketer Sunny's mother gets bail in domestic violence case
- Indian Foreign Secretary Jaishankar arrives in Dhaka
- Foreign Journalists call on State Minister for Foreign Affairs
- MP Liton killing: Police recover pistol buried in Kader's Gaibandha home
- Bangladeshi man killed in New York by landlord over rent dispute: Police
- BNP is a terrorist organisation: Canada court
- Astronomers find seven Earth-size planets where life may be possible
- Former BNP leader Tanbir Ahmed Siddiky's son Irad arrested
- Big fashion brands pull out of Bangladesh garment summit over worker rights concerns
- Hasina taunts Khaleda for stepping onto main altar of the Shaheed Minar
- Gas prices bubble up: Bangladesh households hit with over 50% monthly rise for stoves
- Foreign sailor killed by cracked pipe hot water in ship at Chittagong Port
- Awami League's plot behind Canada court's verdict: BNP
- Forced relocation of Myanmar nationals in Bangladesh can create tension: ICRC