Yunus names his political party Nagorik Shakti
Published: 2007-02-18 08:20:05.0 BdST Updated: 2007-02-18 08:20:05.0 BdST
Nobel laureate Muhammad Yunus Sunday named his political party Nagorik Shakti.Yunus told reporters that his party would contest elections from 300 constituencies. He made the announcement on his way back to Dhaka from Chittagong. Earlier in an open letter, the Nobel laureate sought public views on his decision to enter politics.
Yunus told reporters that his party would contest elections from 300 constituencies.
He made the announcement on his way back to Dhaka from Chittagong.
Earlier in an open letter, the Nobel laureate sought public views on his decision to enter politics.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- PM to brief media Sunday on her trip to US, Canada
- Four employees of unauthorised TV channels arrested in Dhaka, police say
- Murder suspect killed in Lakshmipur 'shootout', claim police
- Juba League leader detained with gun at PM’s reception released
- Apparel factory worker in Dhaka run over by train
- Rescuers spot car in Munshiganj river, find driver's body inside
- BNP youth affiliate leader killed in Savar 'shootout', police claim
- Several feared missing after car goes over bridge's railing, plunges into Dhaleshwari River
- BCL activist, attending PM's reception, dies after being hit by train at Khilkhet
- Bangladesh war crimes suspect dies at Dhaka hospital
- Bangladesh v Afghanistan third ODI
- 'Red alert' across India, intelligence anticipates terror attack
- Juba League leader detained with gun at 'public reception' of PM Hasina
- Traffic jams on Dhaka streets as PM Hasina's supporters gather to welcome her
- Skipper Mashrafe says Afghanistan defeat has not dented Bangladesh confidence
- Hasina returns after UN General Assembly in US, Global Fund meet in Canada
- Pakistan 'completely rejects' Indian claim of cross-border strikes
- UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon offers to mediate between India, Pakistan
- Puja Udjapon Parishad calls for Durga immersion by 9pm on Bijoya Dashami
- 'Unusual' rise price spike in Dhaka markets stings buyers