Taliban call on Trump to withdraw US troops from Afghanistan
Published: 2016-11-09 17:38:24.0 BdST Updated: 2016-11-09 17:38:24.0 BdST
The Afghan Taliban on Wednesday called on US president-elect Donald Trump to withdraw American troops from Afghanistan.
"Our message is that the Americans should draft a policy not to take away the independence and sovereignty of other nations.
Most importantly they should withdraw all their troops from Afghanistan," the Taliban said in a statement in reaction to Trump's surprise election win.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Bangladesh, Poland agree to work on migration and maritime economy sectors
- Jatiya Party presidium member Bablu marries Ershad’s niece
- ISPR dismisses Times of India report on Indian Army chief's Dhaka visit as 'baseless'
- Initial tests reveal radiation in Sunamganj backswamps not alarming
- Govt picks 285 colleges, 40 high schools for nationalisation
- Death toll in Dinajpur rice mill boiler blast rises to nine
- Saudi Arabia restores perks to state employees, boosting markets
- Bangladesh to introduce rota virus, HPV vaccines in 2018
- Messi's 500th Barcelona goal sinks Real Madrid in thriller
- Before heavy rains, fog-like clouds dazzle Dhaka