Russia's Putin congratulates Trump on election win
Published: 2016-11-09 15:19:16.0 BdST Updated: 2016-11-09 15:19:16.0 BdST
Russian President Vladimir Putin congratulated businessman Donald Trump on his victory in the US presidential election in a telegram on Wednesday, the Kremlin said.
"Putin expressed hope for joint work to restore Russian-American relations from their state of crisis, and also to address pressing international issues and search for effective responses to challenges concerning global security," the Kremlin said in a statement.
Putin also said he was sure a constructive dialogue between Moscow and Washington would serve the interests of both countries, the Kremlin said.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- S Korean court to decide whether to arrest ousted president Park
- Northeast Australia braces for cyclone, thousands flee to higher ground
- Eight feared dead as avalanche hits Japanese students
- Hong Kong protest leaders told they face charges day after new leader chosen
- France's Le Pen says the EU 'will die', globalists to be defeated
- Canada House of Commons passes anti-Islamophobia Motion M-103
- Russian police detain opposition leader, dozens of protesters
- Iran sanctions 15 US firms, citing human rights and Israel ties
- Iran denies harassing US warships in Gulf, warns of clashes
- US strike kills an al Qaeda 'leader' in Afghanistan: Pentagon
- Two killed, more ‘well-trained’ militants inside, says army in Sylhet anti-terror operation
- Sex in Thai city frustrates junta
- Police put on alert across country
- Burst of gunfire heard as Sylhet militant hideout siege enters fourth day
- Army releases videos of assault on Sylhet militant hideout
- Commandos rescue trapped residents from Sylhet 'militant den'
- Police believe man killed in blast near airport is 'missing' Mirpur youth Ayad
- It seems the army has settled for a long haul in Sylhet to neutralise the militants
- 'Neo-JMB operative’ Mizan confesses to supplying arms for Gulshan attack
- Indian borderguards step up vigil on Sylhet's border with Northeast India