Trump gains lead over Clinton in new poll
Published: 2016-11-02 01:48:34.0 BdST Updated: 2016-11-02 10:53:38.0 BdST
Republican nominee Donald Trump has for the first time gained a slim lead over Democratic contender Hillary Clinton, with less than a week for the US polling day.
The latest ABC News/Washington Post tracking poll, produced for ABC by Langer Research Associates, showed on Tuesday that 46 per cent of likely voters support Trump, with 45 per cent for Clinton.
While vote preferences have held essentially steady, the latest poll marks the ebbing away of the strong enthusiasm that the former secretary of state enjoyed.
Disclose findings on Trump's Russia ties: Clinton camp to FBI
Trump enjoys a 0.7 percentage point lead over Clinton.
In the share of voters who are very enthusiastic about their choice, Trump now leads Clinton by 8 points.
Strong enthusiasm for Clinton has lost 7 points since the start of tracking.
According to ABC online, this is possibly an after-effect of the renewed controversy over her use of a private email server while secretary of state.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Hong Kong protest leaders told they face charges day after new leader chosen
- France's Le Pen says the EU 'will die', globalists to be defeated
- Canada House of Commons passes anti-Islamophobia Motion M-103
- Russian police detain opposition leader, dozens of protesters
- Iran sanctions 15 US firms, citing human rights and Israel ties
- Iran denies harassing US warships in Gulf, warns of clashes
- US strike kills an al Qaeda 'leader' in Afghanistan: Pentagon
- Iraqi military says 61 bodies found in collapsed Mosul building
- Communal strife in home state of India's Modi kills one, 14 hurt
- Multiple people shot in Ohio night club: police
- Two killed, more ‘well-trained’ militants inside, says army in Sylhet anti-terror operation
- Sex in Thai city frustrates junta
- Police put on alert across country
- Burst of gunfire heard as Sylhet militant hideout siege enters fourth day
- Army releases videos of assault on Sylhet militant hideout
- Commandos rescue trapped residents from Sylhet 'militant den'
- Police believe man killed in blast near airport is 'missing' Mirpur youth Ayad
- It seems the army has settled for a long haul in Sylhet to neutralise the militants
- 'Neo-JMB operative’ Mizan confesses to supplying arms for Gulshan attack
- Indian borderguards step up vigil on Sylhet's border with Northeast India