Training to digital lab volunteers begins on Thursday in Dhaka
Senior Correspondent bdnews24.com
Published: 2017-02-08 22:19:58.0 BdST Updated: 2017-02-08 22:19:58.0 BdST
Training to volunteers of the government’s digital labs, set up in different schools and colleges across Bangladesh, will begin on Thursday in Dhaka.
A non-profit group, the Centre for Research and Information (CRI), tied up with the government’s ICT Division last year in October to support such 2001 labs under the Sheikh Russel Computer and Language Lab (SRCLL) initiative.
The initiative was part of the government’s ‘Digital Bangladesh’ slogan which is also a focus area of works of the CRI.
CRI, being the secretariat of Young Bangla, a youth platform, will place two coordinators and ten volunteers in each lab and supervise and monitor those till 2018.
As many as 24,000 volunteers, registered with Young Bangla, will get the training to engage in the lab activities, CRI said in a statement.
The training would also be held at district and city corporation levels till June, CRI Assistant Coordinator Tonmoy Ahmed was quoted as saying.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Uber suspends self-driving car program after Arizona crash
- Germany blocked Russian hacking attacks in 2016
- Twitter explores subscription-based option for first time
- YouTube's bid to grab TV dollars imperiled by advertiser revolt'
- Apple drives further into Facebook, Snap territory with video app
- Twitter suspended more than 636,000 accounts since 2015 to tackle extremism
- G20 to jointly fight bank sector hacking
- US charges Russian spies, hackers in massive Yahoo hack
- Justice Department to announce indictments in massive Yahoo hack: source
- Intel's $15bn purchase of Mobileye shakes up driverless car sector
- At least one killed, 20 injured in blast near militant den being raided by army commandos
- Army commandos end assault on militant hideout in Sylhet
- Donald Trump greets Abdul Hamid, Sheikh Hasina on Bangladesh’s Independence Day
- Bangladesh to celebrate 46th Independence Day Sunday
- Superb Tamim, gritty Shakib fire Bangladesh to crushing win over Sri Lanka
- RAB intelligence chief injured in Sylhet blasts airlifted to Dhaka
- Crocodile kills man at Barguna eco-park
- Gunfire, blasts heard as Sylhet militant hideout siege enters third day
- Bangladesh airport authorities restrict visitors accompanying passengers
- Islamic State reportedly claims credit for Sylhet blasts