Training to digital lab volunteers begins on Thursday in Dhaka
Senior Correspondent bdnews24.com
Published: 2017-02-08 22:19:58.0 BdST Updated: 2017-02-08 22:19:58.0 BdST
Training to volunteers of the government’s digital labs, set up in different schools and colleges across Bangladesh, will begin on Thursday in Dhaka.
A non-profit group, the Centre for Research and Information (CRI), tied up with the government’s ICT Division last year in October to support such 2001 labs under the Sheikh Russel Computer and Language Lab (SRCLL) initiative.
The initiative was part of the government’s ‘Digital Bangladesh’ slogan which is also a focus area of works of the CRI.
CRI, being the secretariat of Young Bangla, a youth platform, will place two coordinators and ten volunteers in each lab and supervise and monitor those till 2018.
As many as 24,000 volunteers, registered with Young Bangla, will get the training to engage in the lab activities, CRI said in a statement.
The training would also be held at district and city corporation levels till June, CRI Assistant Coordinator Tonmoy Ahmed was quoted as saying.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Bose headphones spy on listeners: lawsuit
- Inspired by Pokemon Go, Facebook pushes augmented reality
- Facebook shareholders propose reports on 'fake news', pay equality
- China live streaming: Would-be internet stars boost billion-dollar market
- Cyber attack on Union Bank of India similar to Bangladesh heist: WSJ
- Google promises to open merchant account in Bangladesh
- Computer hack sets off 156 emergency sirens across Dallas
- YouTube tweaks ad strategy to curb content stealing
- The World’s Most Innovative Research Institutions – 2017
- Facebook will not be blocked, says telecoms state minister Tarana
- Govt picks 285 colleges, 40 high schools for nationalisation
- Messi's 500th Barcelona goal sinks Real Madrid in thriller
- Before heavy rains, fog-like clouds dazzle Dhaka
- Bangladesh, Poland agree to work on migration and maritime economy sectors
- Saudi Arabia restores perks to state employees, boosting markets
- Jatiya Party presidium member Bablu marries Ershad’s niece
- Bangladesh to introduce rota virus, HPV vaccines in 2018
- Beware of dengue, chikungunya in intermittent rains
- Chevron announces sale of Bangladesh operations
- Man beaten to death in front of Dhaka’s Sakura bar