Terror attacks will be a problem before next national election, says Quader
Staff Correspondent, bdnews24.com
Published: 2017-03-18 15:46:04.0 BdST Updated: 2017-03-18 18:06:00.0 BdST
After holding the BNP liable for terror attacks, the ruling Awami League's General Secretary Obaidul Quader says the attacks will 'become a problem' before the next national elections.
Following Friday's suspected suicide blast at the barracks of Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) in Dhaka's Ashkona, Road Transport Minister Quader went on record blaming the BNP for it.
His latest remarks came on Saturday after RAB said it foiled a possible suicide attack on a check-post in the capital's Khilgaon.
"Since the national elections are only a year and half away, these attacks will definitely get in the way of the polls," he said while speaking at a programme in Dhaka. "No one is safe when such attacks multiply."
Following Friday's suicide blast at RAB barracks in Dhaka, Obaidul Quader blamed the BNP for patronising terrorists. File photo
The senior Awami League leader said the attacks were a part of a conspiracy to taint Bangladesh's image in the global arena.
"They are targeting RAB and police to demoralise the security forces and now they have the chosen March, the month of independence."
After security forces' crackdown on militancy following the Gulshan and Sholakia terror attacks in July last year, the militants had appeared weakened, but recent incidents suggested that they were re-grouping and a leadership was in charge.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- PM's India visit will mean nothing without signing of Teesta deal, says BNP's Mirza Fakhrul
- Ershad’s birthday celebrated in DU Madhu's Canteen
- Awami League capitalising on militancy, says BNP
- Terror attacks will be a problem before next national election, says Quader
- Obaidul Quader quashes concerns over 'secret defence deal' with India as 'baseless'
- RAW behind Zia killing, says BNP's Rizvi
- PM Hasina calls people for keeping confidence in Awami League
- Asian Group chairman running for weavers’ group Tanti League president
- RAW played a role in 2014 polls, Mirza Fakhrul believes
- Obaidul Quader says ‘shops’ like Olama League should be closed
- Hardline Muslim group demand removal of Bangabandhu statue in Kolkata
- Assailant shot, at least a dozen injured in incident at UK parliament
- Sheikh Hasina's India visit: What's new in Dhaka, Delhi defence tie?
- Customs seize Moosa bin Shamsher's car
- Ready to execute Mufti Hannan after receiving government order, says IG Prisons
- Sonali Bank gets Bangladesh Bank nod to start PayPal services
- Bangladesh warns of huge terrorist influx into India, says Times of India
- Shakib overtakes Ashwin for top Test allrounders spot after Bangladesh’s Colombo triumph
- HuJI leader Mufti Hannan might seek presidential clemency, say jail authorities
- Moosa’s son accuses government of ‘taking dignity away from people’