Shibir calls strike to protest leader’s arrest
Published: 2013-03-31 13:25:15.0 BdST Updated: 2013-03-31 13:26:35.0 BdST
The Islami Chhatra Shibir has called a countrywide general strike for Tuesday demanding release of its president Delwar Hussen.
সিলেটে বোমা ফাটিয়ে পুলিশের ওপর চড়াও জামায়াত
The Shibir has allegedly been leading the Jamaat-e-Islami’s violent campaign since last November demanding dissolution of the war crimes tribunals where several top leaders of the Jamaat are standing trial on war crimes charges.
The student front has been blamed for nationwide attacks on police and for large-scale disruption of road and rail networks as well as violence against the minority Hindus.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Bangladesh ace Mustafizur named Emerging Player of IPL 2016
- Mustafizur's Hyderabad see off Bangalore fightback in thrilling final to claim first IPL title
- Indian High Commission to host visa camp in Dhaka before Eid holidays
- Awami League trashes Safadi-Joy meeting report, asks BBC Bangla to be careful
- Iran says its pilgrims will not attend Hajj in Saudi Arabia
- Gold prices drop by Tk 1,516 in Bangladesh after going up five times
- Mustafizur returns for Hyderabad in IPL final against Bangalore
- Sunrisers Hyderabad recruit Mustafizur Rahman in IPL draft
- BNP chief Khaleda charged in court in two more cases over 2015 blockade violence
- Five UN peacekeepers killed in Mali attack