Shibir calls strike to protest leader’s arrest
Published: 2013-03-31 13:25:15.0 BdST Updated: 2013-03-31 13:26:35.0 BdST
The Islami Chhatra Shibir has called a countrywide general strike for Tuesday demanding release of its president Delwar Hussen.
সিলেটে বোমা ফাটিয়ে পুলিশের ওপর চড়াও জামায়াত
The Shibir has allegedly been leading the Jamaat-e-Islami’s violent campaign since last November demanding dissolution of the war crimes tribunals where several top leaders of the Jamaat are standing trial on war crimes charges.
The student front has been blamed for nationwide attacks on police and for large-scale disruption of road and rail networks as well as violence against the minority Hindus.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Khaleda asks for new judge again in Zia Orphanage Trust graft trial
- Khaleda’s 11 cases: Hearings delayed again
- BNP designates 51 central leaders to rejuvenate party activists across the country
- Tarique Rahman's mother-in-law secures bail in graft case
- Election 'won't be easy' without BNP, Mirza Fakhrul says
- Stage collapses in Mohila Dal event in Chittagong, BNP leaders blame overcrowding
- Awami League MP Shamim Osman says Hifazat was not involved in May 5 Motijheel mayhem
- BNP questions Indian Army chief’s frequent Dhaka visit; ISPR says no visit scheduled
- Two CU BCL leaders expelled after clash with police
- Underfire Quader implores journalists not to make crow-hen reference
- Hillary Clinton’s aides threatened me with tax audit: Sajeeb Wazed Joy
- Five-year-old Sumaiya found after 24 days
- Bangladesh directors to boycott actor Shakib Khan
- BIDA signs MoU for $2 billion Chinese investment in construction sector
- Bangladeshis are largest foreign takers of Indian health services: Report
- 'Operation Eagle Hunt' on: Final appeal to militants to surrender
- Former British PM David Cameron arrives in Dhaka
- SWAT starts raid on Chapainawabganj ‘militant den’; gunshots heard
- RAB arrests BUET student, suspected JMB ‘bomb expert’
- Purba Rail's former GM Yusuf Ali Mridha gets four years in jail