Shibir calls strike to protest leader’s arrest
Published: 2013-03-31 13:25:15.0 BdST Updated: 2013-03-31 13:26:35.0 BdST
The Islami Chhatra Shibir has called a countrywide general strike for Tuesday demanding release of its president Delwar Hussen.
সিলেটে বোমা ফাটিয়ে পুলিশের ওপর চড়াও জামায়াত
The Shibir has allegedly been leading the Jamaat-e-Islami’s violent campaign since last November demanding dissolution of the war crimes tribunals where several top leaders of the Jamaat are standing trial on war crimes charges.
The student front has been blamed for nationwide attacks on police and for large-scale disruption of road and rail networks as well as violence against the minority Hindus.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- BNP questions killing of ‘militants’ in Kalyanpur anti-terror raid
- PM Hasina asks Awami League MPs to get ready for general election
- BNP tries to forge alliance against militancy leaving Islamist Jamaat aside under pressure
- Arrest warrant out for BNP leader Rizvi in violence case
- Will handle issue of Tarique’s conviction ‘politically’, says BNP’s Mirza Fakhrul
- BNP chief Khaleda’s son Tarique ineligible to run for election after conviction
- Tarique will return in time and appeal against jail sentence for laundering money: BNP
- Khaleda meets senior BNP advisers after son Tarique’s conviction
- Suranjit slates ‘scared’ ministers over US ambassador’s comments, faces ire
- Tarique's money laundering verdict was meant to please government, BNP says
- Bangladeshi-American ‘militant’ Shehzad was grandson of Bangladesh’s top spy agency chief
- Former East Pakistan governor Monem Khan’s grandson among ‘terrorists’ killed in Dhaka
- Bangladesh police continue midnight anti-terror hunt in Dhaka
- Form research team to identify ‘vulnerable point’ that drives Bangladeshi youths to be extremists: Psychiatrist
- Police identify eighth militant killed in Kalyanpur raid as Raihan Kabir, who trained Gulshan attackers
- Sonali Bank to put up businessman Salman F Rahman’s home on auction
- Inmates of Dhaka Central Jail being shifted to new prison at Keraniganj
- BNP, Jamaat public representatives will also be on anti-militancy panels: Minister Ashraf
- PM alerts people about use of technology by terrorists
- US yet to confirm slain suspected militant Shehzad’s citizenship!