Vast Beatles collection goes on auction in Paris
Published: 2017-03-20 04:34:53.0 BdST Updated: 2017-03-20 04:34:53.0 BdST
A vast collection of rare Beatles vinyl records, photos and other paraphernalia will go on auction in Paris on Saturday.
Beatles aficionado Jacques Volcouve began his collection in 1967 with the album "A Hard Day's Night". Decades later, it has grown to include nearly 15,000 records and more besides.
"Starting from 1967, I gave myself an absolutely impossible mission: own everything concerning the Beatles," Volcouve told Reuters TV, as he was sorting through his collection December.
The 60-year-old has decided to auction off his collection to fund his retirement.
Among the 332 lots up for auction on Saturday is the disc "Tony Sheridan and the Beatles 7: My Bonnie," signed by Paul McCartney and George Harrison, with an estimated price of 6,000-10,000 euro ($6,450-10,740).
A lot of 11 alternate cover photos for the Grammy-winning Sergeant Pepper Lonely Hearts Club album is expected to go for 10,000 to 15,000 euros.
Volcouve has written books and given radio commentaries about the Liverpool foursome. Letters he received from Harrison and Ringo Starr in 1976, thanking him for articles he had written, could fetch up to 3,000 euros each.
A set of dolls of the Fab Four with their instruments is expected to sell for 200-400 euros.
Among other items up for sale are an "authentic Beatle wig", a Yoko Ono/John Lennon wedding album box and posters.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Vast Beatles collection goes on auction in Paris
- Rock 'n' roll pioneer Chuck Berry dies at 90
- Singer-composer Lucky Akhand in critical condition: Family
- Swedish guitarist Yngwie Malmsteen leaves Indians spellbound
- Pixies frontman is troubadour of alt-rock after 30-year career
- Bengal Classical Music Fest ends in Dhaka
- Hardline Muslim group demand removal of Bangabandhu statue in Kolkata
- Assailant shot, at least a dozen injured in incident at UK parliament
- Sheikh Hasina's India visit: What's new in Dhaka, Delhi defence tie?
- Customs seize Moosa bin Shamsher's car
- Ready to execute Mufti Hannan after receiving government order, says IG Prisons
- Sonali Bank gets Bangladesh Bank nod to start PayPal services
- Bangladesh warns of huge terrorist influx into India, says Times of India
- Shakib overtakes Ashwin for top Test allrounders spot after Bangladesh’s Colombo triumph
- Moosa’s son accuses government of ‘taking dignity away from people’
- HuJI leader Mufti Hannan might seek presidential clemency, say jail authorities