Singer-composer Lucky Akhand in critical condition: Family
Staff Correspondent, bdnews24.com
Published: 2017-02-26 22:58:07.0 BdST Updated: 2017-02-26 22:58:54.0 BdST
Legendary singer-composer Lucky Akhand, diagnosed with lung cancer, is in a 'very bad condition', his family have said quoting doctors.
Doctors at Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU) have lost hope of his recovery, his daughter Mum Minti Akhand Noor told bdnews24.com on Sunday night.
"My father's condition is very bad now. The doctors have said it's the last stage. There is nothing to do other than praying for him," she said.
Cancer was detected in Akhand's lung in 2015. He was later treated in a Thailand hospital when the freedom fighter-artist received financial help from the prime minister's fund. He was then given chemotherapy in Dhaka.
His first album 'Lucky Akhand' was released by record label Sargam in 1984.
"Eiye Neel Monihar", "Amay Deko Na", "Ritiniti Jani Na", "Age Jodi Jantam" and "Sumona" are some songs of this album that made him famous.
After his brother Happy Akhand's death in 1987, Lucky withdrew from the music world.
Then, after a decade, he hit the stage again in 1998 with two albums "Porichoy Kobe Hobe" and "Bitrishna Jibone Amar".
He has been a regular in many live music sessions on television ever since.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Bangladesh directors to boycott actor Shakib Khan
- SSC results date announced
- Emma Watson remembers Rana Plaza in tweet
- RAB arrests BUET student, suspected JMB ‘bomb expert’
- 12,000 illegal Bangladeshi immigrants ready to leave Saudi Arabia
- China to invest $2 billion in Bangladesh construction materials sector
- India-owned BHEL gets $1.5 billion order to build Rampal Power Plant
- Former British PM David Cameron coming to Dhaka
- Death penalties reduced to life term is imprisonment until death: AG
- Bangladesh life expectancy up: BBS