Tokyo holds its first fashion show for Muslim women
Published: 2016-11-23 08:37:43.0 BdST Updated: 2016-11-23 08:45:10.0 BdST
Models wearing an array of colourful hijabs walked down a Tokyo catwalk on Tuesday in what organisers said was the first such fashion show for Muslim women in Japan.
Floral patterns were among the designs adorning long robe garments and matching headscarves at Japan's first "Muslimah Fashion Show", which is taking place as part of a two-day Halal Expo Japan event.
Around 10 brands, mainly from Singapore, were showcasing their creations at the Tokyo Modest Fashion Show.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- California's 'weed nuns' on a mission to heal with cannabis
- Prince Harry sought counselling more than a decade after mother's death
- As millions watch via webcam, giraffe gives birth in NY zoo
- No yolk! Bosnian villagers shoe eggs to keep age-old craft alive
- Trumpet voluntary - Elephants 'excited' by banana-toting Queen Elizabeth
- High heel dress code scrapped in Canadian province of British Columbia
- Egypt unearths part of ancient King Khufu's boat
- London exhibition elevates selfies as an art form
- 'Hideous' Cristiano Ronaldo statue sparks social media laughs
- Gold coin worth $4 million stolen from Berlin museum
- Pakistan journalist Hamid Mir 'will return' his father's 1971 award to Bangladesh
- Bangladesh Islamist groups plan new alliances for next election
- Housewife bites off alleged rapist's tongue in Feni
- 'Operation Eagle Hunt' on: Final appeal to militants to surrender
- Cameron ‘proud’ of Bangladesh, says ‘sorry’ for not visiting as prime minister
- Oxford Union invites President Hamid but gets no response
- Five-year-old Sumaiya speaks about her 'abduction'
- United Airlines reaches settlement with passenger dragged from plane
- Chapainawabganj terror den: 3 bodies 'too mangled' for identification
- Five-year-old Sumaiya found after 24 days