Tokyo holds its first fashion show for Muslim women
Published: 2016-11-23 08:37:43.0 BdST Updated: 2016-11-23 08:45:10.0 BdST
Models wearing an array of colourful hijabs walked down a Tokyo catwalk on Tuesday in what organisers said was the first such fashion show for Muslim women in Japan.
Floral patterns were among the designs adorning long robe garments and matching headscarves at Japan's first "Muslimah Fashion Show", which is taking place as part of a two-day Halal Expo Japan event.
Around 10 brands, mainly from Singapore, were showcasing their creations at the Tokyo Modest Fashion Show.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Ski resort razed by the Taliban lifts Pakistan's domestic tourism
- 'LOL' T-shirt designer hopes to cash in on North Korean assassination
- First transgender model on French Vogue cover
- Bangladesh rings in spring with music, dance
- Hottest cut of all - Gaza barber wields blowtorch
- Jewellery ties east to west in Dhaka startup Ora
- Afghan girls fight prejudice with martial arts
- Tourism in Slovenia boosted by US First Lady Melania Trump factor
- Miss Universe beauty pageant kicks off in Manila
- Orwell's '1984' back as bestseller amid focus on 'alternative facts'
- Bangladeshi man killed in New York by landlord over rent dispute: Police
- Bangladesh Ambassador in Thailand receives Atish Dipankar Peace Gold Award
- India signs MoU for sustainable development of Sylhet city
- Kabori’s memoirs at Ekushey Book Fair
- Power prices to follow hike in gas prices, says minister
- NGOs, unregistered trade unions barred in RMG industry: State minister
- Anger, doubts boil up as gas prices raised in Bangladesh
- Bernicat dispels US 'competition' with India, China in Bangladesh as 'myth'
- Malaysia says VX nerve agent was used in murder of Kim Jong Nam
- Shaon files police complaint over 'embarrassing , horrifying' Facebook Live video