Govt to procure 1.5 million tonnes of grains in Boro season
Senior Correspondent, bdnews24.com
Published: 2017-04-16 16:04:53.0 BdST Updated: 2017-04-16 16:21:44.0 BdST
The government plans to buy 1.5 million tonnes of grains during the Boro crop season this year, a 15 percent rise from last year.
Food Minister Qamrul Islam told reporters after a meeting on Sunday that 800,000 tonnes of rice and 700,000 tonnes of paddy would be purchased at Tk 34 per kg and Tk 24 respectively.
Procurement will continue from May 2 to Aug 31.
Last year the government purchased 700,000 tonnes of Boro rice at Tk 32 per kg and 600,000 tonnes of paddy at Tk 23.
The government will also buy 100,000 tonnes of wheat at Tk 28 per kg between Apr 18 and Jun 30.
“The production cost of wheat per kg was this year around Tk 28,” said the food minister.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Flash floods will not drive up rice prices, says food minister
- Banks asked not to take loan instalments from farmers in Haor areas
- IFC eager to invest in agriculture
- World Bank Group, China-led AIIB agree to deepen cooperation
- Akbar Ali Khan sees no sign of good governance in near future
- India 'relaxes' loan conditions for Bangladesh, Finance Minister Muhith says
- Muhith expects 7.5 percent growth in 2016-17 fiscal
- Bangladesh relies on BIMSTEC as SAARC fails: Gowher Rizvi
- Remittances to developing countries decline for second straight year: World Bank report
- Oil price cut to come after PM gives approval: AMA Muhith
- Bangladesh directors to boycott actor Shakib Khan
- RAB arrests BUET student, suspected JMB ‘bomb expert’
- SSC results date announced
- Emma Watson remembers Rana Plaza in tweet
- India-owned BHEL gets $1.5 billion order to build Rampal Power Plant
- China to invest $2 billion in Bangladesh construction materials sector
- 12,000 illegal Bangladeshi immigrants ready to leave Saudi Arabia
- Law Minister Anisul Huq asks chief justice not to complain publicly
- Device found in Sylhet school not a bomb, says RAB
- Five-year-old Sumaiya missing for 23 days now