Salman F Rahman surprised at seeing his name on global list of super-rich
Staff Correspondent, bdnews24.com
Published: 2017-03-09 23:05:02.0 BdST Updated: 2017-03-09 23:05:18.0 BdST
Salman F Rahman has expressed his surprise after seeing his name on a list of billionaires across the globe.
Based in Shanghai, the Hurun Report published the Hurun Global Rich List 2017, a ranking of the US dollar billionaires currently found in the world, also known as the 'Nine Zero Club'.
The Bangladesh tycoon Salman is ranked 1685 in the list of 2257.
After several media outlets ran reports on his being the first Bangladeshi to be placed on a global list of the super-rich, Beximco Group boss Salman Rahman issued a statement on Thursday.
"I have no idea how the organisation took account of the wealth," he said
Referring to the Hurun Report list, the media reported that Salman's net worth is $1.3 billion.
In the statement, Salman said, "The net asset of Beximco Group may be near the amount in line with the latest annual report. But this is not the amount of my personal wealth."
Salman Rahman is the vice chairman of the Beximco Group. Its businesses range from pharmaceuticals to ceramics to textiles to IT to media. The company is listed on the capital market.
A former president of the Federation of Bangladesh Chambers of Commerce and Industry, Salman is private sector development adviser to Awami League chief and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- US may accuse North Korea of theft of Bangladesh reserves at New York Fed: Wall Street Journal
- NSA official points the finger at North Korea in Bangladesh Bank heist
- New draft law proposes official clearance mandatory for building houses in villages
- World economy picks up after decade of stagnation
- Rooppur N-power plant: Bangladesh, Russia agree on spent fuel management plan
- Planning ministry detects misuse of fund in Chittagong court building construction
- Inflation rose again in February
- Foreign Direct Investment goes up by 7.8% in first seven months of 2016-17
- Islami Bank is not operating in Islamic way: Ibrahim Khaled
- Salman F Rahman surprised at seeing his name on global list of super-rich
- Hardline Muslim group demand removal of Bangabandhu statue in Kolkata
- Assailant shot, at least a dozen injured in incident at UK parliament
- Sheikh Hasina's India visit: What's new in Dhaka, Delhi defence tie?
- Customs seize Moosa bin Shamsher's car
- Ready to execute Mufti Hannan after receiving government order, says IG Prisons
- Sonali Bank gets Bangladesh Bank nod to start PayPal services
- Bangladesh warns of huge terrorist influx into India, says Times of India
- Shakib overtakes Ashwin for top Test allrounders spot after Bangladesh’s Colombo triumph
- HuJI leader Mufti Hannan might seek presidential clemency, say jail authorities
- Moosa’s son accuses government of ‘taking dignity away from people’