Salman F Rahman surprised at seeing his name on global list of super-rich
Staff Correspondent, bdnews24.com
Published: 2017-03-09 23:05:02.0 BdST Updated: 2017-03-09 23:05:18.0 BdST
Salman F Rahman has expressed his surprise after seeing his name on a list of billionaires across the globe.
Based in Shanghai, the Hurun Report published the Hurun Global Rich List 2017, a ranking of the US dollar billionaires currently found in the world, also known as the 'Nine Zero Club'.
The Bangladesh tycoon Salman is ranked 1685 in the list of 2257.
After several media outlets ran reports on his being the first Bangladeshi to be placed on a global list of the super-rich, Beximco Group boss Salman Rahman issued a statement on Thursday.
"I have no idea how the organisation took account of the wealth," he said
Referring to the Hurun Report list, the media reported that Salman's net worth is $1.3 billion.
In the statement, Salman said, "The net asset of Beximco Group may be near the amount in line with the latest annual report. But this is not the amount of my personal wealth."
Salman Rahman is the vice chairman of the Beximco Group. Its businesses range from pharmaceuticals to ceramics to textiles to IT to media. The company is listed on the capital market.
A former president of the Federation of Bangladesh Chambers of Commerce and Industry, Salman is private sector development adviser to Awami League chief and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Commerce Minister Tofail hints at 'conspiracy' behind Dollar gaining against Taka
- Flash floods will not drive up rice prices, says food minister
- Banks asked not to take loan instalments from farmers in Haor areas
- IFC eager to invest in agriculture
- World Bank Group, China-led AIIB agree to deepen cooperation
- Akbar Ali Khan sees no sign of good governance in near future
- India 'relaxes' loan conditions for Bangladesh, Finance Minister Muhith says
- Muhith expects 7.5 percent growth in 2016-17 fiscal
- Bangladesh relies on BIMSTEC as SAARC fails: Gowher Rizvi
- Remittances to developing countries decline for second straight year: World Bank report
- Bangla film star Shakib Khan boycotted indefinitely
- Suspicion over claim against Dhaka University teacher over use of 'indecent' photos
- Bangladesh prodded to 'reposition’ itself to improve business climate
- New VAT law: Heated exchange between Muhith, FBCCI
- Sehri and iftar timings for the coming Ramadan
- Mashrafe flying back to Bangladesh from England as wife falls sick
- Steps will be taken if neglect found in haor dam construction: PM
- Why Bangladesh was not warned of Haor flooding by India, asks BELA
- Awami League General Secretary Obaidul Quader warns party leaders and supporters
- Bangladesh is now free of formalin in food, says commerce minister