Cricketer dies hit by ball
Published: 2013-10-28 00:33:12.0 BdST Updated: 2013-10-28 00:33:12.0 BdST
A club cricketer died in South Africa on Sunday after being struck on the side of the head while batting in a match in the Eastern Cape, Cricket South Africa said.
Darryn Randall, 32, collapsed and was taken to hospital where medical staff were unable to revive him.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- De Villiers passes milestone in big South Africa win
- O'Keefe's dozen helps Australia humiliate India
- Minor tweaks did the trick, says Australia's O'Keefe
- Factbox: India's lowest Test totals at home
- O'Keefe's six puts Australia in command against India
- Paceman Umesh takes four as India restrict Australia
- Sri Lanka's Dickwella gets two-match ban for another misconduct
- England's Stokes hits jackpot in IPL auction
- India keen to take down Australia for perfect end to season
- Mustafizur returns in Test squad for Sri Lanka, Imrul Kayes dropped
- Brain damage in former football players fuels ‘heading’ fears
- Former MP Kader Khan 'confesses to planning and training’ to execute MP Liton’s murder
- Bangladesh performs 25th bone marrow transplant in the first-ever centre
- New government report finds Bangladesh island chosen to relocate Rohingyas as 'fit for habitation'
- Extradition of Bangabandhu killer will be a major breakthrough in Bangladesh-Canada relations: Shahriar
- Actress Kabori's memoirs launched at Ekushey Book Fair
- Nine burnt in Old Dhaka gas cylinder blast
- PM Hasina stresses product diversification, exploring new markets for apparel exports
- India arrests its citizen with Bangladesh passport; police suspect militant link
- Bangladesh’s duty-free quota-free access to US market extremely unlikely: Ambassador