Cricketer dies hit by ball
Published: 2013-10-28 00:33:12.0 BdST Updated: 2013-10-28 00:33:12.0 BdST
A club cricketer died in South Africa on Sunday after being struck on the side of the head while batting in a match in the Eastern Cape, Cricket South Africa said.
Darryn Randall, 32, collapsed and was taken to hospital where medical staff were unable to revive him.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Bangladesh opener Tamim diagnosed with fractured finger, to play England series
- Root leads England to win over Pakistan in second ODI
- Rahul ton in vain as Windies pip India by one run in first T20I
- De Kock topscores as South Africa batsmen flourish
- Afghanistan in talks with Bangladesh for September ODI series
- England get green light to tour Bangladesh
- Goodbye 'Dilscoop', Dilshan to retire after Australia series
- England beat Pakistan in rain-hit first one-dayer
- Sri Lanka level series despite Faulkner hat-trick
- ODI captain Mashrafe urges England players to tour Bangladesh
- Police identify another 'militant' killed in Narayanganj raid
- Tamim Chowdhury, the Dhaka café massacre mastermind, is killed in raid: Police
- Two others killed with cafe attack 'plotter' Tamim include his close aide, police suspect
- Tamim Chowdhury, the Dhaka cafe carnage 'mastermind'
- British minister arrives in Dhaka to strengthen bonds with Bangladesh
- Gold medallist Russian-Bangladeshi gymnast Margarita Mamun’s father dies
- Hasina rebuts propaganda by anti-Rampal power plant campaign
- Khaleda Zia questions killings of 'militants' after jihadi leader Tamim's killing
- Tamim attacked police ignoring calls to surrender during Narayanganj raid, home minister says
- Willes Little Flower student Risha dies three days after knifed by miscreant