BCB gets land for stadium in Cox's Bazar
Published: 2013-02-28 18:09:35.0 BdST Updated: 2013-02-28 18:17:13.0 BdST
The government on Thursday granted land for construction of an international stadium in the seaside resort of Cox's Bazar.
During an inter-ministerial meeting for the World Twenty20, scheduled for March next year, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina directed the civil aviation authority to hand over the coastal town's golf course to the Bangladesh Cricket Board.
"The decision to build a stadium in Cox's Bazar was among the primary decisions taken during the meeting," Sports Secretary Noor Mohammad said.
"The land belongs to the civil aviation authority, so the BCB will sit with them to build the ground. They will understand the technical issues better. The Sports Ministry will also assist in whichever way necessary."
Bangladesh wants to host the women’s section of the mega international event in the town, which boasts having the longest sea beach in the world.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Mustafizur back in Bangladesh after winning IPL crown, says he wants to learn more
- Police arrest ‘friend’ of Mahiya Mahi in case filed by film actress
- Bangladesh school suspends Hindu teacher for ‘Like’ on Facebook post against Islam
- Blocked unregistered SIMs can be reactivated immediately as per new BTRC guidelines
- Shawon, sued by Mahiya Mahi, claims he and the actress are still married
- Indian High Commission to host visa camp in Dhaka before Eid holidays
- Singapore convicts four Bangladeshis of terrorism financing
- Mustafizur’s English county debut at Sussex may be delayed due to injuries
- Bangladesh ace Mustafizur named Emerging Player of IPL 2016
- Hasina wishes Mustafizur on IPL success but worries about too much exposure