BCB gets land for stadium in Cox's Bazar
Published: 2013-02-28 18:09:35.0 BdST Updated: 2013-02-28 18:17:13.0 BdST
The government on Thursday granted land for construction of an international stadium in the seaside resort of Cox's Bazar.
During an inter-ministerial meeting for the World Twenty20, scheduled for March next year, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina directed the civil aviation authority to hand over the coastal town's golf course to the Bangladesh Cricket Board.
"The decision to build a stadium in Cox's Bazar was among the primary decisions taken during the meeting," Sports Secretary Noor Mohammad said.
"The land belongs to the civil aviation authority, so the BCB will sit with them to build the ground. They will understand the technical issues better. The Sports Ministry will also assist in whichever way necessary."
Bangladesh wants to host the women’s section of the mega international event in the town, which boasts having the longest sea beach in the world.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Afghanistan in talks with Bangladesh for September ODI series
- England get green light to tour Bangladesh
- Goodbye 'Dilscoop', Dilshan to retire after Australia series
- England beat Pakistan in rain-hit first one-dayer
- Sri Lanka level series despite Faulkner hat-trick
- ODI captain Mashrafe urges England players to tour Bangladesh
- Faulkner claims hat-trick against Sri Lanka
- England players free to pull out of Bangladesh tour even if ECB clears it, says ODI captain Morgan
- First Test drawn as sodden outfield prevails at Kingsmead
- Pakistan rise completes journey from isolation to triumph
- Tamim Chowdhury, the Dhaka café massacre mastermind, is killed in raid: Police
- Gold medallist Russian-Bangladeshi gymnast Margarita Mamun’s father dies
- Tamim attacked police ignoring calls to surrender during Narayanganj raid, home minister says
- Gulshan cafe attack 'mastermind' Tamim Chowdhury killed in Narayanganj raid: Police
- Tamim Chowdhury, the Dhaka cafe carnage 'mastermind'
- Two others killed with cafe attack 'plotter' Tamim include his close aide, police suspect
- Hasina rebuts propaganda by anti-Rampal power plant campaign
- Taking back Gen Zia's Independence Award will be suicidal: BNP
- Bomb disposal squad deployed in central England after arrests
- Padma may cross danger level as India opens all Farakka gates