BCB gets land for stadium in Cox's Bazar
Published: 2013-02-28 18:09:35.0 BdST Updated: 2013-02-28 18:17:13.0 BdST
The government on Thursday granted land for construction of an international stadium in the seaside resort of Cox's Bazar.
During an inter-ministerial meeting for the World Twenty20, scheduled for March next year, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina directed the civil aviation authority to hand over the coastal town's golf course to the Bangladesh Cricket Board.
"The decision to build a stadium in Cox's Bazar was among the primary decisions taken during the meeting," Sports Secretary Noor Mohammad said.
"The land belongs to the civil aviation authority, so the BCB will sit with them to build the ground. They will understand the technical issues better. The Sports Ministry will also assist in whichever way necessary."
Bangladesh wants to host the women’s section of the mega international event in the town, which boasts having the longest sea beach in the world.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- India coach Kumble expects to prove worth in one year
- England to play three warm-up matches during Bangladesh tour
- Australia beat West Indies to claim tri-nation series
- England v Sri Lanka third ODI abandoned due to rain
- Bravo carries Windies past South Africa into ODI final
- Hales and Roy power England to crushing win
- Coach Kumble focussed on making India better tourists
- BCCI names Anil Kumble as India's head cricket coach
- Jadhav leads India to T20 series win over Zimbabwe
- Abahani win DPL 2016 title after suspended Doleshwar-tie is abandoned
- Massive fire at Dhaka multi-storied building, no casualties reported
- Explosions rock main airport in Turkey's Istanbul
- Bank branches in commercial areas to remain open on Jul 2, 3 and 4
- Gazette out to enlarge Dhaka
- Maradona urges Messi to shelve plans to quit Argentina
- Babul Akter not under police watch, says home minister
- UNICEF finds dramatic inequality among world's poorest, richest children
- Islamic State prime suspect after suicide bombers kill 41 at Istanbul airport
- Shop worker dies in fire at Chittagong’s Central Plaza
- Police arrest two more suspects in murder of SP Babul Aktar’s wife