Robi hit with Tk 410,000 fine for fraud
Senior Correspondent, bdnews24.com
Published: 2017-04-17 20:38:40.0 BdST Updated: 2017-04-17 21:04:26.0 BdST
Telecoms operator Robi has been fined Tk 410,000 for fraud.
The Directorate of National Consumer Rights Protection acted on three complaints to slap the company with the penalties, the directorate's Deputy Director Shaheen Ara Mamtaz told bdnews24.com on Monday.
According to the official, Robi was fined Tk 250,000 for providing 1GB internet data despite promising 1.5GB.
The second complaint was over a 50MB data offer for watching Bangla drama. The customer found no such Bangla drama in the website link provided with the offer. The fine it incurred for this fraud was Tk 150,000 .
The consumer rights protection directorate official said the complainants would get 25 percent of the fines in line with the rules.
She said the Robi officials, who were present at the hearings, promised to pay the fines.
Ekram Kabir, vice president of communications and corporate responsibility at Robi, told bdnews24.com that the operator would assist the directorate.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Tofail says foreign buyers single out Bangladesh’s labour safety issues
- Bangladesh seeks Canadian support in its journey towards a middle-income country
- Textile imports: New resolution pushing for EU rules to curb worker exploitation
- Mobile operators asked to publicly clarify internet data price in two days
- BIDA signs MoU for $2 billion Chinese investment in construction sector
- India-owned BHEL gets $1.5 billion order to build Rampal Power Plant
- China to invest $2 billion in Bangladesh construction materials sector
- IT firms call for higher limits on dollar purchases
- Four years into Rana Plaza tragedy, Netherlands finds Bangladesh RMG sector ‘safer’
- Chevron announces sale of Bangladesh operations
- Pakistan journalist Hamid Mir 'will return' his father's 1971 award to Bangladesh
- Bangladesh Islamist groups plan new alliances for next election
- Housewife bites off alleged rapist's tongue in Feni
- 'Operation Eagle Hunt' on: Final appeal to militants to surrender
- Cameron ‘proud’ of Bangladesh, says ‘sorry’ for not visiting as prime minister
- Five-year-old Sumaiya speaks about her 'abduction'
- Hillary Clinton’s aides threatened me with tax audit: Sajeeb Wazed Joy
- United Airlines reaches settlement with passenger dragged from plane
- Five-year-old Sumaiya found after 24 days
- Chapainawabganj terror den: 3 bodies 'too mangled' for identification