Indo-Bangla trade fair begins in Dhaka Thursday
Senior Correspondent, bdnews24.com
Published: 2017-02-14 23:56:33.0 BdST Updated: 2017-02-15 00:08:18.0 BdST
The fourth Indo-Bangla trade fair will begin in Dhaka on Thursday in an effort “to strengthen the business ties” between the countries.
Commerce Minister Tofail Ahmed will inaugurate the three-day showcase at the Pan Pacific Sonargoan Hotel, organiser the India-Bangladesh Chamber of Commerce and Industry (IBCCI), says.
The fair will become “a landmark event” for the bilateral business relation between the neighbours, IBCCI CEO Jahangir Bin Alam said at a press briefing on Tuesday.
More than 3O companies related to automobile, processed food, banking, insurance, home appliances, consumer goods, power, paints, electronics and electrical, textiles, cement manufacturing, and lubricants manufacturing sector will exhibit their product and services in six pavilions and 3O stalls.
The fair will remain open from 1Oam to 7pm every day. There is no entry free, Alam said.
Bangladesh and India two-way trade was $6.14 billion in 2015-16, though heavily tilted towards India.
But in the last two years, Bangladesh’s exports to India have seen a huge increase after India allowed duty-fee market access.
In 2015-16, Bangladesh exports to India surged 30.8 percent to $689.62 million and Indian exports declined by 6.3 percent.
Indian High Commissioner in Dhaka Harsh Vardhan Shringla recently at an event said companies from both India and Bangladesh are also exploring “new opportunities” for investing and setting up joint ventures in each other’s country.
The IBCCI says the objective behind organising this “multiproduct fair is to develop business activities between the two neighbouring countries”.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Bull market not dead as tax reform takes spotlight
- FBCCI president challenges HC order halting elections
- Trump tantrum looms on Wall Street if healthcare effort stalls
- High Court halts FBCCI elections for two months
- Asian stocks drop as fresh Trump jitters jolt risk sentiment
- Asian shares at 21-month high, dollar soft on less hawkish Fed
- Sonali Bank gets Bangladesh Bank nod to start PayPal services
- Oil drops on rising US drilling, steady OPEC supply
- Uber president Jeff Jones quits, deepening turmoil
- Unilever prepares $7.44 billion sale of food brands: newspapers
- Army para-commandos, SWAT launch assault on militant den in Sylhet's Shibbarhi
- At least one killed, 20 injured in blast near militant den being raided by army commandos
- Army commandos end assault on militant hideout in Sylhet
- Superb Tamim, gritty Shakib fire Bangladesh to crushing win over Sri Lanka
- Donald Trump greets Abdul Hamid, Sheikh Hasina on Bangladesh’s Independence Day
- One killed in blast near Dhaka airport; police rule out 'suicide attack'
- Crocodile kills man at Barguna eco-park
- Army para-commandos, SWAT, police wait for final assault at Sylhet ‘militant den’
- Bangladesh information minister backs controversial Section 57 of ICT Act
- Mashrafe urges Mustafizur to shine against Sri Lanka in Dambulla