Bangladesh Air Force, 15 individuals win Independence Award 2017
Senior Correspondent, bdnews24.com
Published: 2017-02-16 20:08:45.0 BdST Updated: 2017-02-16 21:44:15.0 BdST
Bangladesh Air Force (BAF) is getting the highest state honour in recognition of its outstanding contribution to the nation.
The force with the slogan - "Free shall we keep the sky of Bangladesh" - has been chosen for this year's Swadhinata Padak or Independence Award.
Along with the BAF, 15 individuals have also been named for the award this time, the Cabinet Division said in a statement on Thursday.
Six persons are getting the award under independence and Liberation War category. They are retired group captain Shamsul Alam Bir Uttam, Ashraful Alam, late Syed Mohsin Ali, martyrs Md Nazmul Haque, NM Nazmul Ahsan and Faizur Rahman Ahmed.
Professor Dr Enamul Haque and Ustad Bazlur Rahman Badal are getting the award in culture.
Professor Dr AHM Touhidul Anowar Chawdhury has been chosen for his contribution to medical science and Khalil Kazi for social service.
Shamsuzzaman Khan and late Professor Dr Lalit Mohan Nath will receive the award under research and training category. Professor Mohammad Asaduzzaman is getting it for public administration.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- US ambassador remembers ‘selfless, inspirational’ LGBT activist Xulhaz on first death anniversary
- Life imprisonment means jail for rest of life: Full SC verdict published
- Bangladesh sees highest rainfall for 35 years recorded in April
- China's special envoy for Asia Guoxiang in Dhaka
- Ashraf Siddiquee Bitu made assistant press secretary to PM
- Cabinet asks ministries to step up relief efforts in flood-hit Haors
- BGMEA refutes ActionAid’s claim 42% Rana Plaza survivors are jobless
- Cabinet mourns demise of music legend Lucky Akhand
- Two get life terms for rape and drug peddling in Chapai Nawabganj
- Bangladesh man dies when ‘shot' by Indian BSF
- Chevron announces sale of Bangladesh operations
- Messi's 500th Barcelona goal sinks Real Madrid in thriller
- Before heavy rains, fog-like clouds dazzle Dhaka
- Govt picks 285 colleges, 40 high schools for nationalisation
- Saudi Arabia restores perks to state employees, boosting markets
- Man beaten to death in front of Dhaka’s Sakura bar
- Body of Maldivian Raudha Athif exhumed for fresh autopsy
- BNP designates 51 central leaders to rejuvenate party activists across the country
- Bangladesh, Poland agree to work on migration and maritime economy sectors
- Beware of dengue, chikungunya in intermittent rains