Publisher Ahmedur Rashid Tutul attacked in his office in Dhaka
Senior Correspondent, bdnews24.com
Published: 2015-10-31 15:36:53.0 BdST Updated: 2015-10-31 16:04:32.0 BdST
Publisher Ahmedur Rashid Tutul, a close friend of slain writer-blogger Avijit Roy, was attacked in his office in Dhaka on Saturday.
His publishing house ‘Suddhaswar’ had, among its author secular writer Roy, who was hacked to death on the Dhaka University campus in February this year.
A group of men barged into his office at Dhaka’s Lalmatia around 2:30pm on Saturday.
Witnesses told bdnews24.com that the assailants hacked Tutul before locking up him and a few others in the office from outside.
Ahmedur Rashid Tutul (File Photo)
bdnews24.com’s Liton Haider reported from the spot that bloodstains were found in room. Residents of the building told him they had also heard sounds of firing.
Tutul had filed a complaint with police after being threatened with death on the Facebook following the attack on Roy and his wife earlier this year.
Investigations revealed that Islamist radicals were behind Roy’s murder.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Mustafizur back in Bangladesh after winning IPL crown, says he wants to learn more
- Police arrest ‘friend’ of Mahiya Mahi in case filed by film actress
- Bangladesh ace Mustafizur named Emerging Player of IPL 2016
- Blocked unregistered SIMs can be reactivated immediately as per new BTRC guidelines
- Bangladesh school suspends Hindu teacher for ‘Like’ on Facebook post against Islam
- Indian High Commission to host visa camp in Dhaka before Eid holidays
- Probe body hints at involvement of insiders in Bangladesh Bank heist
- Pakistan must target all jihadist groups: Crisis Group
- Singapore convicts four Bangladeshis of terrorism financing
- Mustafizur's Hyderabad see off Bangalore fightback in thrilling final to claim first IPL title