Court issues orders to accept murder case against RAB
Published: 2014-06-04 13:12:55.0 BdST Updated: 2014-06-06 11:59:14.0 BdST
A Brahmanbaria court has ordered police to accept a case of murder against RAB personnel.
On Sunday, Hassan filed a petition before the court claiming his brother, businessman Shahnur Alam, was killed by RAB-14 personnel.
He alleged that RAB had detained and murdered Shahnur on April 29.
His body was found on May 6.
Hasan accused RAB-14's Bhairab camp commander Major AZM Sakib Siddiki and Sub Inspector (SI) Md Enamul Haque of the murder.
Other accused are nine unnamed RAB personnel and Nazrul Islam,58, and Abu Taher Mia,45, who hail from Krishnanagar of Nabinagar.
Recently, a murder case was also filed against RAB in Laksam upazila of Comilla for abducting two BNP leaders.
Earlier, three RAB officers had been arrested for murdering seven people in Narayanganj
These incidents have fuelled a public outcry against the RAB with many , including BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia, demanding the force should be disbanded -- but Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has ruled that out.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- PM Hasina returns home from Munich
- Bangladesh information minister backs controversial Section 57 of ICT Act
- Court to deliver verdict on deaths of Tareque, Mishuk Feb 22
- Jhalakathi BCL leader held for ‘attempted grab of a house'
- Three victims of Barisal tanker explosion in critical conditions at DMCH
- Court hands death to man for murder in Manikganj
- Paper book of Biswajit murder case ready for High Court hearing
- Bangladesh court to deliver verdict in Japanese national Kunio Hoshi murder on Feb 28
- Rust-covered arms cache excavated in Bogra
- PM flight glitch: Court gives investigators more time to submit report
- Minister Quader was 'just angry', says MP Sanowar claiming reports of being assaulted not true
- New US travel ban to spare green card holders: Trump official
- Trump administration to expand groups of immigrants to be deported: Documents
- Director Farooki's "Doob: No Bed of Roses" stalled
- PM’s meeting with Merkel: Global support to relocate Rohingya refugees sought
- Island chosen to relocate Rohingya refugees not fit for habitation, says Bangladesh forest department
- PM Hasina stops over at Abu Dhabi on way home from Munich
- Indian HC organises visa camp for Bangladesh armed forces family members
- 'Only two percent of Sheikh Hasina'
- Graphic novel 'Mujib' part-3 to be released Sunday