Court issues orders to accept murder case against RAB
Published: 2014-06-04 13:12:55.0 BdST Updated: 2014-06-06 11:59:14.0 BdST
A Brahmanbaria court has ordered police to accept a case of murder against RAB personnel.
On Sunday, Hassan filed a petition before the court claiming his brother, businessman Shahnur Alam, was killed by RAB-14 personnel.
He alleged that RAB had detained and murdered Shahnur on April 29.
His body was found on May 6.
Hasan accused RAB-14's Bhairab camp commander Major AZM Sakib Siddiki and Sub Inspector (SI) Md Enamul Haque of the murder.
Other accused are nine unnamed RAB personnel and Nazrul Islam,58, and Abu Taher Mia,45, who hail from Krishnanagar of Nabinagar.
Recently, a murder case was also filed against RAB in Laksam upazila of Comilla for abducting two BNP leaders.
Earlier, three RAB officers had been arrested for murdering seven people in Narayanganj
These incidents have fuelled a public outcry against the RAB with many , including BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia, demanding the force should be disbanded -- but Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has ruled that out.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Superintendent Babul Aktar says he was called to discuss his wife’s murder
- SP Babul Aktar being questioned, says home minister
- Dhaka-Chittagong train ‘Sonar Bangla Express’ launched
- New train ‘Sonar Bangla Express’ to start operating on Dhaka-Chittagong route from Saturday
- Bangladesh gets AIIB’s first loan for power project
- Death toll in Uttara elevator mishap rises to six
- Three die, several injured as elevator falls causing wall collapse, fire in Uttara
- ‘Three more bags’ in Dhaka's Uttara canal a week after arms haul
- Extended nine-day Eid vacation as Jul 4 announced as holiday
- Four Mumbaikars give rare blood to save Dhaka man