IDCOL wins Asia Power and Electricity Award
Published: 2014-04-30 15:48:47.0 BdST Updated: 2014-04-30 15:48:47.0 BdST
Bangladesh’s Infrastructure Development Company Limited (IDCOL) has won the ‘Asia Power and Electricity Award 2014’ in the category of ‘Solar Project of the Year’.
A press release on Wednesday said the award was given for IDCOL’s efforts, accomplishments, and positive contributions under the Solar Home System (SHS) programme.
IDCOL Director (Investment) and Head of Advisory Nazmul Haque received the award at the Power and Electricity Awards Gala Dinner on Apr 23 at the Resorts World Convention Centre in Singapore.
The release said more that 2.9 million solar home systems have been installed under IDCOL’s SHS programme as of March, providing clean energy solution to around 13 million rural people who are not covered by the country's power grid.
The programme has contributed towards creating over 50,000 jobs, effected an annual fuel subsidy saving of $39 million, promoted the development of local support industries and reduced annual CO2 emission by more than 450,000 tonnes.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Four employees of unauthorised TV channels arrested in Dhaka, police say
- Murder suspect killed in Lakshmipur 'shootout', claim police
- Juba League leader detained with gun at PM’s reception released
- Apparel factory worker in Dhaka run over by train
- Rescuers spot car in Munshiganj river, find driver's body inside
- BNP youth affiliate leader killed in Savar 'shootout', police claim
- Several feared missing after car goes over bridge's railing, plunges into Dhaleshwari River
- BCL activist, attending PM's reception, dies after being hit by train at Khilkhet
- Bangladesh war crimes suspect dies at Dhaka hospital
- Mymensingh road accident kills 5, injures several
- 'Red alert' across India, intelligence anticipates terror attack
- Bangladesh v Afghanistan third ODI
- Traffic jams on Dhaka streets as PM Hasina's supporters gather to welcome her
- Juba League leader detained with gun at 'public reception' of PM Hasina
- Hasina returns after UN General Assembly in US, Global Fund meet in Canada
- Skipper Mashrafe says Afghanistan defeat has not dented Bangladesh confidence
- Pakistan 'completely rejects' Indian claim of cross-border strikes
- Puja Udjapon Parishad calls for Durga immersion by 9pm on Bijoya Dashami
- Man commits suicide after killing minor daughter in Sirajganj, police say
- 'Unusual' rise price spike in Dhaka markets stings buyers