IDCOL wins Asia Power and Electricity Award
Published: 2014-04-30 15:48:47.0 BdST Updated: 2014-04-30 15:48:47.0 BdST
Bangladesh’s Infrastructure Development Company Limited (IDCOL) has won the ‘Asia Power and Electricity Award 2014’ in the category of ‘Solar Project of the Year’.
A press release on Wednesday said the award was given for IDCOL’s efforts, accomplishments, and positive contributions under the Solar Home System (SHS) programme.
IDCOL Director (Investment) and Head of Advisory Nazmul Haque received the award at the Power and Electricity Awards Gala Dinner on Apr 23 at the Resorts World Convention Centre in Singapore.
The release said more that 2.9 million solar home systems have been installed under IDCOL’s SHS programme as of March, providing clean energy solution to around 13 million rural people who are not covered by the country's power grid.
The programme has contributed towards creating over 50,000 jobs, effected an annual fuel subsidy saving of $39 million, promoted the development of local support industries and reduced annual CO2 emission by more than 450,000 tonnes.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Bangladesh ace Mustafizur out of IPL's second qualifier with injury
- Mustafizur's Hyderabad see off Bangalore fightback in thrilling final to claim first IPL title
- Danish Ambassador calls to save 200-yr old dying Bangladeshi tradition
- Sajeeb Wazed Joy trashes media report about his meeting with Israeli politician Mendi N Safadi
- Sexagenarian Railways Minister Mazibul Hoque becomes father of a baby girl
- Mustafizur returns for Hyderabad in IPL final against Bangalore
- Microsoft Bangladesh chief Sonia Bashir Kabir to serve in UN Technology Bank
- Bangladesh ace Mustafizur named Emerging Player of IPL 2016
- Iran says its pilgrims will not attend Hajj in Saudi Arabia
- Indian High Commission to host visa camp in Dhaka before Eid holidays