IDCOL wins Asia Power and Electricity Award
Published: 2014-04-30 15:48:47.0 BdST Updated: 2014-04-30 15:48:47.0 BdST
Bangladesh’s Infrastructure Development Company Limited (IDCOL) has won the ‘Asia Power and Electricity Award 2014’ in the category of ‘Solar Project of the Year’.
A press release on Wednesday said the award was given for IDCOL’s efforts, accomplishments, and positive contributions under the Solar Home System (SHS) programme.
IDCOL Director (Investment) and Head of Advisory Nazmul Haque received the award at the Power and Electricity Awards Gala Dinner on Apr 23 at the Resorts World Convention Centre in Singapore.
The release said more that 2.9 million solar home systems have been installed under IDCOL’s SHS programme as of March, providing clean energy solution to around 13 million rural people who are not covered by the country's power grid.
The programme has contributed towards creating over 50,000 jobs, effected an annual fuel subsidy saving of $39 million, promoted the development of local support industries and reduced annual CO2 emission by more than 450,000 tonnes.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- CHTC demands judicial probe into Romel's death in letter to home minister
- Hasina slams critics of bid to remove statue from Supreme Court premises
- PM Hasina asks BNP for evidence of Haor radiation claim
- US ambassador remembers ‘selfless, inspirational’ LGBT activist Xulhaz on first death anniversary
- Life imprisonment means jail for rest of life: Full SC verdict published
- Bangladesh sees highest rainfall for 35 years recorded in April
- China's special envoy for Asia Guoxiang in Dhaka
- Ashraf Siddiquee Bitu made assistant press secretary to PM
- Cabinet asks ministries to step up relief efforts in flood-hit Haors
- BGMEA refutes ActionAid’s claim 42% Rana Plaza survivors are jobless
- Chevron announces sale of Bangladesh operations
- Before heavy rains, fog-like clouds dazzle Dhaka
- Messi's 500th Barcelona goal sinks Real Madrid in thriller
- Govt picks 285 colleges, 40 high schools for nationalisation
- Body of Maldivian Raudha Athif exhumed for fresh autopsy
- Man beaten to death in front of Dhaka’s Sakura bar
- BNP designates 51 central leaders to rejuvenate party activists across the country
- Saudi Arabia restores perks to state employees, boosting markets
- Beware of dengue, chikungunya in intermittent rains
- Jatiya Party presidium member Bablu marries Ershad’s niece