Cabinet Division site hacked
Published: 2014-04-26 20:56:17.0 BdST Updated: 2014-04-26 20:56:17.0 BdST
The official website of Bangladesh Cabinet Division was hacked apparently by an Indian hacking group on Saturday evening.
The hacking took place when the Cabinet secretaries of eight SAARC countries are in Dhaka to attend a two-day meeting.
Cabinet Division Assistant System Analyst Golam Mostofa around 8pm told bdnews24.com repair works were already underway and the site would be restored soon.
The site was seen working properly around 8:10pm.
The hackers identified themselves as ‘Black Dragon (Indian Hackers Online Squad)’ in a message left on the website (http://www.cabinet.gov.bd).
The message read: "LOVE TO ALL INDIAN HACKERS OUT THERE."
"It’s a Warning to Bangladeshi Hackers, Stop Defacing Indian sites. We Don't Have a Fight with you But if you Don't stop then get ready for #OP Bangladesh," it said addressing hackers from Bangladesh.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Government, vessel owners fail to find solution to Bangladesh waterways strike
- Police suspect ‘high-powered liquid explosives’ caused blast at female student hostel in Comilla
- Chittagong housewife's body found
- Meeting between government and vessel owners fails to offer solution to Bangladesh waterways strike
- Bangabandhu murder case's plaintiff AFM Mohitul Islam dies at 63
- Bangladesh, Saudi Arabia for strengthening military cooperation
- President Md Abdul Hamid calls for religious harmony
- BGB seizes over three kilograms of gunpowder from bus in Joypurhat
- Father, daughter killed in road crash in Magura
- Businessman hacked to death in Gazipur
- 6.8 magnitude quake shakes Dhaka, other parts of Bangladesh
- Sacked army officer Zia masterminded publisher Dipan murder, police say quoting key suspect
- Two ‘top terrorists’ killed in ‘shootout’ with RAB in Sirajganj
- International Terrestrial Cable cut slows internet down in Dhaka
- Investigative panel on distortion of history in Dhaka University souvenir yet to sit after around 2 months
- Underage house help makes no allegation against cricketer Shahadat, wife in testimony
- Death toll in Italian earthquake rises to 73: Official
- Khaleda attacks Rampal power plant project, asks government to relocate it
- Italy quake toll rises to nearly 250 as rescuers struggle to find survivors
- ODI captain Mashrafe urges England players to tour Bangladesh