Bangladesh’s human flag in Guinness World records
Published: 2014-01-04 23:41:34.0 BdST Updated: 2014-01-04 23:49:35.0 BdST
Bangladesh’s human flag created with the participation of more than 27,000 people on the Victory Day has been recorded as the world’s largest human national flag.
The Guinness World Records website officially posted it as record on Saturday.
President Abdul Hamid congratulated the people and said this achievement would inspire the whole nation.
Private mobile operator Robi Axiata Limited with the help of Bangladesh Army created the human flag with 27,117 people on Dec 16 at old airport in the capital.
The Guinness Records auditors were present to oversee the attempt of making red, green human flag.
Among the participants were army personnel who held up the red centre while students made up the green rectangle.
The previous record was set by 24,200 youths in Pakistan, a country with which Bangladesh fought a bloody nine-month war to gain independence.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Superintendent Babul Aktar says he was called to discuss his wife’s murder
- Dhaka-Chittagong train ‘Sonar Bangla Express’ launched
- SP Babul Aktar being questioned, says home minister
- PM Hasina inaugurates work of Metrorail, Bus Rapid Transit depot
- New train ‘Sonar Bangla Express’ to start operating on Dhaka-Chittagong route from Saturday
- ‘Three more bags’ in Dhaka's Uttara canal a week after arms haul
- Tonu's father says he feels threatened to speak the truth
- Death toll in Uttara elevator mishap rises to six
- BNP leader former army chief Mahbubur Rahman hurt in road traffic accident
- All railway coaches built by India under line of credit to arrive by December: High Commission