Bangladesh’s human flag in Guinness World records
Published: 2014-01-04 23:41:34.0 BdST Updated: 2014-01-04 23:49:35.0 BdST
Bangladesh’s human flag created with the participation of more than 27,000 people on the Victory Day has been recorded as the world’s largest human national flag.
The Guinness World Records website officially posted it as record on Saturday.
President Abdul Hamid congratulated the people and said this achievement would inspire the whole nation.
Private mobile operator Robi Axiata Limited with the help of Bangladesh Army created the human flag with 27,117 people on Dec 16 at old airport in the capital.
The Guinness Records auditors were present to oversee the attempt of making red, green human flag.
Among the participants were army personnel who held up the red centre while students made up the green rectangle.
The previous record was set by 24,200 youths in Pakistan, a country with which Bangladesh fought a bloody nine-month war to gain independence.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Bangladesh ace Mustafizur named Emerging Player of IPL 2016
- Police arrest ‘friend’ of Mahiya Mahi in case filed by film actress
- Mustafizur back in Bangladesh after winning IPL crown, says he wants to learn more
- Blocked unregistered SIMs can be reactivated immediately as per new BTRC guidelines
- Indian High Commission to host visa camp in Dhaka before Eid holidays
- Bangladesh school suspends Hindu teacher for ‘Like’ on Facebook post against Islam
- Probe body hints at involvement of insiders in Bangladesh Bank heist
- Mustafizur's Hyderabad see off Bangalore fightback in thrilling final to claim first IPL title
- Pakistan must target all jihadist groups: Crisis Group
- Sunrisers Hyderabad recruit Mustafizur Rahman in IPL draft