2 scribes beaten up by Hifazat
Published: 2013-05-05 09:15:29.0 BdST Updated: 2013-05-05 09:15:29.0 BdST
Two on-duty television journalists working for private channels were assaulted by Hifazat-e-Islam supporters on Sunday before the rally of the Chittagong-based Islamists was marred by clashes with police.
After the Paltan clash between Hifazat and policemen, two Somoy Television and Mohona television Staff Correspondents Saiful Rudra and Nasir Uddin were harassed around 1:15am near Baitul Mukarram.
At one point, the Hifazat supporters attacked Nasir and snatched away his microphone and assaulted him and Saiful. They were rescued by their colleagues.
Journalists have also been beaten up in the past during Hifazat rallies.
Four journalists including an Ekushey Television lady reporter Nadia Sharmin were assaulted during their Apr 6 rally in Dhaka.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Two ‘killers’ of SP Babul’s wife ‘confess’ in Chittagong court
- PM Hasina inaugurates work of Metrorail, Bus Rapid Transit
- Dhaka-Chittagong train ‘Sonar Bangla Express’ launched
- Factbox: Copa America finals since 1993
- Chile beat Argentina in shootout to retain Copa America title
- Banks to remain closed on Jul 4
- No scope to misinterpreting SP Babul’s ‘interrogation’, DMP chief says
- Scotland could veto Brexit laws to protect its interests, says First Minister Sturgeon
- New train ‘Sonar Bangla Express’ to start operating on Dhaka-Chittagong route from Saturday
- Sweden urges Bangladesh’s support to candidature in election to UN Security Council