2 scribes beaten up by Hifazat
Published: 2013-05-05 09:15:29.0 BdST Updated: 2013-05-05 09:15:29.0 BdST
Two on-duty television journalists working for private channels were assaulted by Hifazat-e-Islam supporters on Sunday before the rally of the Chittagong-based Islamists was marred by clashes with police.
After the Paltan clash between Hifazat and policemen, two Somoy Television and Mohona television Staff Correspondents Saiful Rudra and Nasir Uddin were harassed around 1:15am near Baitul Mukarram.
At one point, the Hifazat supporters attacked Nasir and snatched away his microphone and assaulted him and Saiful. They were rescued by their colleagues.
Journalists have also been beaten up in the past during Hifazat rallies.
Four journalists including an Ekushey Television lady reporter Nadia Sharmin were assaulted during their Apr 6 rally in Dhaka.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Bangladesh ace Mustafizur out of IPL's second qualifier with injury
- Sexagenarian Railways Minister Mazibul Hoque becomes father of a baby girl
- Danish Ambassador calls to save 200-yr old dying Bangladeshi tradition
- 11, including 2 candidates, killed in violence in fifth-phase union council elections
- AL leader Hanif claims news of Joy-Safadi meeting is BNP-staged drama
- Ronaldo gives Real Madrid shootout win over Atletico
- Sri Lanka President Sirisena calls for direct Dhaka-Colombo flight
- Japan PM Abe assures Bangladesh of help to achieve middle-income country status
- Making sense of money with magic
- Amber Heard accuses estranged husband Johnny Depp of domestic violence