Kamaruzzaman verdict ‘any day’
Published: 2013-04-16 07:44:06.0 BdST Updated: 2013-04-16 09:25:56.0 BdST
The International Crimes Tribunal-2 is expected to deliver verdict on Jammat-e-Islami leader Mohammad Kamaruzzaman any day now.
‘হিন্দু বাড়িতে আল বদর ক্যাম্প বসিয়েছিলেন কামারুজ্জামান’
The prosecution presented its closing arguments on the day. The defence had finished arguments on Thursday.
ICT–2, set up to expedite war crimes trials, had indicted Kamaruzzaman on Jun 7 last year for seven war crimes charges.
On July 29, 2010 police detained Kamaruzzaman and two days later, showed him arrested in a case involving crimes against humanity during the 1971 Liberation War.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- PM Hasina greets Mamata on her West Bengal win with Hilshas
- Narayanganj school head teacher was forced to resign, probe body finds
- BNP Standing Committee members are like newly-wed brides: Zafrullah Chowdhury
- Retailers biometrically registering SIMs without subscribers’ knowledge: BTRC
- UK ‘disagrees’ with Bangladesh government’s explanation on recent killings
- Bob Dylan turns 75, with latest tour and album in the wind
- Sedition case against BNP’s Aslam Chowdhury to be filed on Thursday: IGP
- Bangladesh probes 2013 Sonali Bank hack for links to central bank heist
- SMS payments spell trouble for college applicants
- Police charge BNP’s Aslam with sedition over ‘plot with Israel to overthrow Bangladesh govt’