Kamaruzzaman verdict ‘any day’
Published: 2013-04-16 07:44:06.0 BdST Updated: 2013-04-16 09:25:56.0 BdST
The International Crimes Tribunal-2 is expected to deliver verdict on Jammat-e-Islami leader Mohammad Kamaruzzaman any day now.
‘হিন্দু বাড়িতে আল বদর ক্যাম্প বসিয়েছিলেন কামারুজ্জামান’
The prosecution presented its closing arguments on the day. The defence had finished arguments on Thursday.
ICT–2, set up to expedite war crimes trials, had indicted Kamaruzzaman on Jun 7 last year for seven war crimes charges.
On July 29, 2010 police detained Kamaruzzaman and two days later, showed him arrested in a case involving crimes against humanity during the 1971 Liberation War.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Three die, several injured as elevator falls causing wall collapse, fire in Uttara
- Britain votes to leave EU in historic divorce
- UK PM Cameron says he will step down by October after Brexit vote
- New train ‘Sonar Bangla Express’ to start operating on Dhaka-Chittagong route from Saturday
- Brexit referendum outcome big challenge to UK’s economic, political future: Tulip Siddiq
- Mayor Sadiq Khan urged to declare London independent from Britain, join EU: Media
- High-rise catches fire in Uttara, several injured
- Grameenphone call-drops alarming, says Chittagong SP
- Factbox: What Brexit could mean for the UK economy
- Life is all about enjoying work, says Professor Serajul Islam Choudhury