Brahmanbaria tornado death toll rises to 31
Published: 2013-03-25 11:25:48.0 BdST Updated: 2013-03-25 13:07:25.0 BdST
The death toll in the tornado at Brahmanbaria has risen to 31.
Deputy Commissioner of Brahmanbaria Nur Mohammad Majumdar confirmed this on Monday.
Some villages in the district were hit by the natural disaster on Friday afternoon, killing at least 20 people.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Monday visited the tornedo-hit areas.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- UK ‘disagrees’ with Bangladesh government’s explanation on recent killings
- Assailants hack Gaibandha man to death inside his shop
- Punjab assembly recommends Pakistan’s highest honour for war criminal Nizami
- India ‘watching’ Chinese defence minister's Dhaka visit closely
- No Muslim in BJP Cabinet in India’s Assam state
- Bangladesh girl ‘raped’ in Dhaka by ‘Facebook friend’
- Dubai opens world's first functioning 3D-printed office
- HC tells State to pay damages to man convicted under ‘inappropriate law'
- Retailers biometrically registering SIMs without subscribers’ knowledge: BTRC
- ICC rejects BNP-Jamaat complaints: foreign minister