Brahmanbaria tornado death toll rises to 31
Published: 2013-03-25 11:25:48.0 BdST Updated: 2013-03-25 13:07:25.0 BdST
The death toll in the tornado at Brahmanbaria has risen to 31.
Deputy Commissioner of Brahmanbaria Nur Mohammad Majumdar confirmed this on Monday.
Some villages in the district were hit by the natural disaster on Friday afternoon, killing at least 20 people.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Monday visited the tornedo-hit areas.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Judges' services rules with president, says law minister
- Autopsy done on bodies of two militants killed in Sylhet
- 6 Barisal City Corporation councillors suspended on charges of violence
- Visitors barred at Dhaka airport terminals to beef up security ahead of IPU Assembly
- Four dead, 10 missing after trawler sinks in Bagerhat river
- MP Salim Osman to face trial for publicly humiliating school teacher
- Bangladesh, UK sign MoU for ‘strategic dialogue’
- Unidentified bullet-hit body found in Brahmanbarhia
- At least three dead after trawler sinks in Bagerhat river
- Suspected militants carrying gunpowder arrested by Rajshahi police
- Four suspects dead inside Sylhet's terror den, army to continue operation
- Former Indian army veterans all praise for Bangladesh para-commandos
- Indian visa rules for Bangladeshis relaxed further
- Bangladesh v Sri Lanka: 2nd ODI in Dambulla
- Army releases videos of assault on Sylhet militant hideout
- Buoyant Bangladesh primed to secure first ODI series against Sri Lanka
- Trump son-in-law to testify on foreign contacts in Russia probe
- Police believe female suspect among four killed in Sylhet is 'Morjina Begum'
- Sex in Thai city frustrates junta
- Bangladesh information minister backs controversial Section 57 of ICT Act