BTV turns to Somoy TV for Bangabhaban ceremony
Published: 2013-03-21 17:59:30.0 BdST Updated: 2013-03-21 18:00:38.0 BdST
Government-run Bangladesh Television took help from private satellite station ‘Somoy TV’ to telecast live the function of state honour to late President Md Zillur Rahman from the Bangabhaban on Thursday afternoon.
Asked why the function was not beaming the event live at its own initiatives, BTV officials avoided direct answers.
The people watching the mourning ceremony on BTV screen found that it was being telecast with the help of Somoy TV.
The BTV Director General could not be reached on his mobile phone for comment despite several attempts.
Its Chief News Editor Gopal Chandra Dev suggested talking to its General Manager Shafique Uddin Shikder and Deputy Director General (Programme) M Monirul Islam.
Shikder told bdnews24.com: “We’re late to make a decision on the matter last night. I don’t know the details.”
Asked who could provide details, he said: “You may talk to the DDG (Deputy Director General-Programme) on the issue.”
Reached on his mobile phone, DDG Islam said: “It was too late for a decision.”
He, however, said BTV did live telecast when Zillur Rahman’s mortal remains reached at the airport and members of armed forces accorded state honour to the late President.
Head of news of Somoy TV Tusher Abdullah told bdnews24.com: “I think they (BTV) had no plan. They might have not thought that a programme could be covered live from the Bangabhaban.”
He said BTV had also telecast other programmes with the help of Somoy TV on different occasions in the past.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Bangladesh ace Mustafizur named Emerging Player of IPL 2016
- Police arrest ‘friend’ of Mahiya Mahi in case filed by film actress
- Indian High Commission to host visa camp in Dhaka before Eid holidays
- Mustafizur back in Bangladesh after winning IPL crown, says he wants to learn more
- Mustafizur's Hyderabad see off Bangalore fightback in thrilling final to claim first IPL title
- Blocked unregistered SIMs can be reactivated immediately as per new BTRC guidelines
- Probe body hints at involvement of insiders in Bangladesh Bank heist
- Five UN peacekeepers killed in Mali attack
- Awami League trashes Safadi-Joy meeting report, asks BBC Bangla to be careful
- Sunrisers Hyderabad recruit Mustafizur Rahman in IPL draft