Panel to check comments on Islam, Prophet
Published: 2013-03-13 10:40:46.0 BdST Updated: 2013-03-13 10:46:19.0 BdST
The government on Wednesday formed a nine-member committee to identify and take action against those making derogatory remarks against Islam and Prophet Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) using Facebook and blogs.
Press Secretary to the Prime Minister Abul Kalam Azad said Mainuddin Khandakar, an Additional Secretary in the Ministry of Home, has been made the head of the committee on the directive of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
He added that the home ministry would take necessary action on the basis of the recommendations of the committee.
The committee could take help from experts and give secretarial support to the ministry, he said.
The committee would apprise the Prime Minister’s Office of the progress of its assignment.
Members of the committee would be drawn from the PMO, Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission (BTRC), Law and Judicial Department, Information Ministry and the Religious Affairs Ministry, while directors-general of the NSI and the DGFI, and the Additional DIG of Special Branch would also be included.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Bangladesh girl ‘raped’ in Dhaka by ‘Facebook friend’
- First female VC of BUET Khaleda Ekram passes away
- Bangladesh child aged 4 appears ancient with swollen face, sagging skin
- Dhaka court jail a den of harassment for women inmates for lack of separate cell
- Bangladesh looking for new bowling coach to replace Streak
- Former Bangladesh Bank governor Farashuddin suggests solution to end VAT stalemate
- Twin girls found in Bangladesh swamp
- BNP leader Gayeshwar fears arrest of top politicians as in 2007-’08
- Supreme Court rejects State’s appeal on CrPC Sections 54, 167
- ‘Begum’ Editor Nurjahan Begum passes away at 91