Journalist Naimul Islam Khan injured
Published: 2013-03-11 19:04:58.0 BdST Updated: 2013-03-11 19:06:00.0 BdST
Amader Orthoniti Editor Naimul Islam Khan sustained injuries in a bomb attack in the city’s Mohakhali on Monday night ahead of Tuesday’s dawn-to-dusk shutdown.
Islam and his wife were returning from a social gathering when unidentified people hurled crude bombs at their car near Shaheen School in Mohakhali at around 11:45pm.
When bdnews24.com called Khan up on his mobile phone, one of his relatives, who identified himself as ‘Taher’, answered and said that the senior journalist and his were receiving treatment at LabAid Hospital in the city.
“They went to attend a wedding ceremony at Shaheen Complex. They were attacked on their way back home,” he told bdnews24.com.
Bengali daily Amader Somoy in its online edition said that the right side of the car was badly damaged in the bomb attack.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Anger, doubts boil up as gas prices raised in Bangladesh
- Jaishankar reaffirms India’s support to 'peaceful, stable' Bangladesh
- Kabori’s memoirs at Ekushey Book Fair
- PM Hasina's official visit to India in April
- Another suspect arrested over Gaibandha ruling MP Liton's killing
- Verdict in second case against industrialist Ragib Ali over tea estate fraud on Feb 26
- Cricketer Sunny's mother gets bail in domestic violence case
- Indian Foreign Secretary Jaishankar arrives in Dhaka
- Foreign Journalists call on State Minister for Foreign Affairs
- MP Liton killing: Police recover pistol buried in Kader's Gaibandha home
- Bangladeshi man killed in New York by landlord over rent dispute: Police
- BNP is a terrorist organisation: Canada court
- Astronomers find seven Earth-size planets where life may be possible
- Former BNP leader Tanbir Ahmed Siddiky's son Irad arrested
- Big fashion brands pull out of Bangladesh garment summit over worker rights concerns
- Hasina taunts Khaleda for stepping onto main altar of the Shaheed Minar
- Gas prices bubble up: Bangladesh households hit with over 50% monthly rise for stoves
- Foreign sailor killed by cracked pipe hot water in ship at Chittagong Port
- Awami League's plot behind Canada court's verdict: BNP
- Forced relocation of Myanmar nationals in Bangladesh can create tension: ICRC