Journalist Naimul Islam Khan injured
Published: 2013-03-11 19:04:58.0 BdST Updated: 2013-03-11 19:06:00.0 BdST
Amader Orthoniti Editor Naimul Islam Khan sustained injuries in a bomb attack in the city’s Mohakhali on Monday night ahead of Tuesday’s dawn-to-dusk shutdown.
Islam and his wife were returning from a social gathering when unidentified people hurled crude bombs at their car near Shaheen School in Mohakhali at around 11:45pm.
When bdnews24.com called Khan up on his mobile phone, one of his relatives, who identified himself as ‘Taher’, answered and said that the senior journalist and his were receiving treatment at LabAid Hospital in the city.
“They went to attend a wedding ceremony at Shaheen Complex. They were attacked on their way back home,” he told bdnews24.com.
Bengali daily Amader Somoy in its online edition said that the right side of the car was badly damaged in the bomb attack.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- UK ‘disagrees’ with Bangladesh government’s explanation on recent killings
- Retailers biometrically registering SIMs without subscribers’ knowledge: BTRC
- Punjab assembly recommends Pakistan’s highest honour for war criminal Nizami
- BNP Standing Committee members are like newly-wed brides: Zafrullah Chowdhury
- ICC rejects BNP-Jamaat complaints: foreign minister
- HC tells State to pay damages to man convicted under ‘inappropriate law'
- Narayanganj school head teacher was forced to resign, probe body finds
- Salim Osman to hold interactive meet Thursday to explain Narayanganj teacher’s shaming
- Bangladesh girl ‘raped’ in Dhaka by ‘Facebook friend’
- Joining G-7 outreach means world leaders confide in Sheikh Hasina’s leadership, foreign minister says