Journalist Naimul Islam Khan injured
Published: 2013-03-11 19:04:58.0 BdST Updated: 2013-03-11 19:06:00.0 BdST
Amader Orthoniti Editor Naimul Islam Khan sustained injuries in a bomb attack in the city’s Mohakhali on Monday night ahead of Tuesday’s dawn-to-dusk shutdown.
Islam and his wife were returning from a social gathering when unidentified people hurled crude bombs at their car near Shaheen School in Mohakhali at around 11:45pm.
When bdnews24.com called Khan up on his mobile phone, one of his relatives, who identified himself as ‘Taher’, answered and said that the senior journalist and his were receiving treatment at LabAid Hospital in the city.
“They went to attend a wedding ceremony at Shaheen Complex. They were attacked on their way back home,” he told bdnews24.com.
Bengali daily Amader Somoy in its online edition said that the right side of the car was badly damaged in the bomb attack.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- CHTC demands judicial probe into Romel's death in letter to home minister
- Hasina slams critics of bid to remove statue from Supreme Court premises
- PM Hasina asks BNP for evidence of Haor radiation claim
- US ambassador remembers ‘selfless, inspirational’ LGBT activist Xulhaz on first death anniversary
- Life imprisonment means jail for rest of life: Full SC verdict published
- Bangladesh sees highest rainfall for 35 years recorded in April
- China's special envoy for Asia Guoxiang in Dhaka
- Ashraf Siddiquee Bitu made assistant press secretary to PM
- Cabinet asks ministries to step up relief efforts in flood-hit Haors
- BGMEA refutes ActionAid’s claim 42% Rana Plaza survivors are jobless
- Chevron announces sale of Bangladesh operations
- Before heavy rains, fog-like clouds dazzle Dhaka
- Messi's 500th Barcelona goal sinks Real Madrid in thriller
- Govt picks 285 colleges, 40 high schools for nationalisation
- Body of Maldivian Raudha Athif exhumed for fresh autopsy
- Man beaten to death in front of Dhaka’s Sakura bar
- BNP designates 51 central leaders to rejuvenate party activists across the country
- Saudi Arabia restores perks to state employees, boosting markets
- Beware of dengue, chikungunya in intermittent rains
- Jatiya Party presidium member Bablu marries Ershad’s niece