Journalist Naimul Islam Khan injured
Published: 2013-03-11 19:04:58.0 BdST Updated: 2013-03-11 19:06:00.0 BdST
Amader Orthoniti Editor Naimul Islam Khan sustained injuries in a bomb attack in the city’s Mohakhali on Monday night ahead of Tuesday’s dawn-to-dusk shutdown.
Islam and his wife were returning from a social gathering when unidentified people hurled crude bombs at their car near Shaheen School in Mohakhali at around 11:45pm.
When bdnews24.com called Khan up on his mobile phone, one of his relatives, who identified himself as ‘Taher’, answered and said that the senior journalist and his were receiving treatment at LabAid Hospital in the city.
“They went to attend a wedding ceremony at Shaheen Complex. They were attacked on their way back home,” he told bdnews24.com.
Bengali daily Amader Somoy in its online edition said that the right side of the car was badly damaged in the bomb attack.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Three die, several injured as elevator falls causing wall collapse, fire in Uttara
- Britain votes to leave EU in historic divorce
- UK PM Cameron says he will step down by October after Brexit vote
- Mayor Sadiq Khan urged to declare London independent from Britain, join EU: Media
- Brexit referendum outcome big challenge to UK’s economic, political future: Tulip Siddiq
- New train ‘Sonar Bangla Express’ to start operating on Dhaka-Chittagong route from Saturday
- High-rise catches fire in Uttara, several injured
- Factbox: What Brexit could mean for the UK economy
- Youth arrested for ‘raping’ woman in hotel
- Bangladesh gets AIIB’s first loan for power project