Temple set on fire in Faridpur
Published: 2013-03-06 09:27:13.0 BdST Updated: 2013-03-06 09:27:13.0 BdST
Police said the Ananda Ashram Mandir of Fulbaria village under the Ballabhdi Union was set on fire early on Wednesday.
The temple committee’s General Secretary Gopal Das told bdnews24.com that locals saw the temple going up in flames around 12:30am and tried to control the fire. He said the idol of Goddess Kali and the altar were destroyed.
“Nobody saw who had started the fire. We are suffering from serious insecurity,” Das said.
Saltha Upazila Parishad Chairman Delowar Hossain condemned the incident.
Officer-in-Charge of Saltha Police Station Mohammad Afsar Uddin said police rushed to the spot immediately. He said investigations had started and efforts were on to find out the culprits.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Retailers biometrically registering SIMs without subscribers’ knowledge: BTRC
- BNP Standing Committee members are like newly-wed brides: Zafrullah Chowdhury
- UK ‘disagrees’ with Bangladesh government’s explanation on recent killings
- Narayanganj school head teacher was forced to resign, probe body finds
- ICC rejects BNP-Jamaat complaints: foreign minister
- Salim Osman to hold interactive meet Thursday to explain Narayanganj teacher’s shaming
- Punjab assembly recommends Pakistan’s highest honour for war criminal Nizami
- Sedition case against BNP’s Aslam Chowdhury to be filed on Thursday: IGP
- Joining G-7 outreach means world leaders confide in Sheikh Hasina’s leadership, foreign minister says
- Bangladesh probes 2013 Sonali Bank hack for links to central bank heist