Temple torched in Ctg
Published: 2013-03-05 10:01:38.0 BdST Updated: 2013-03-05 10:01:38.0 BdST
Miscreants set a Hindu temple on fire after ‘vandalism and loot’ in Nathparha of Chittagong’s Saatkania Sadar upazila early on Tuesday.
He said the Khetrapal Bigraha idol was vandalised and money from the donation box was taken away.
Saatkania Police Station Officer in-Charge Mohammad Ismail Hossain confirmed the arson. “Police have visited the spot.”
The latest attack took place amidst a frenzy of attacks on Hindu temples nationwide by Jamaat-e-Islami activists. Several temples were vandalised in Satkania after Jamaat leader Delwar Hossain Sayedee was sentenced for death last Thursday for his crimes during the independence war.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- India ‘watching’ Chinese defence minister's Dhaka visit closely
- May 22’s HSC, equivalent tests pushed back again to Jun 12 due to UP polls
- Bangladesh girl ‘raped’ in Dhaka by ‘Facebook friend’
- Narayanganj 7-murder prime accused Nur Hossain feels dizzy, collapses in the dock during hearing
- Assailants hack Gaibandha man to death inside his shop
- Head of forensic team that conducted autopsy on murdered Comilla student Tonu gets ‘death threat’
- First female VC of BUET Khaleda Ekram passes away
- Former Sonali Bank branch AGM, two jailed for life in Tk 36bn loan scam
- Hard to call Section 54 bad: Law Minister Anisul Huq
- Supreme Court rejects State’s appeal on CrPC Sections 54, 167