6 injured in N’ganj copter crash
Published: 2013-02-12 11:55:55.0 BdST Updated: 2013-02-12 19:46:32.0 BdST
At least six people were injured when a helicopter of Meghna Group crashed at Rupganj upazila in Narayanganj on Tuesday.
The injured were given first-aid at the Rupganj Upazila Health Complex and sent back to Dhaka.
Rupganj Police Station Officer-in-Charge Mainur Rahman told bdnews24.com that the helicopter crashed into a paddy field at Nawraparha under the upazila’s Kayetparha union around 4pm.
The injured were identified as – Meghna Group Chairman Golam Mostofa’s daughter and company Director Tahmina Mostofa, 24, Executive Director (Marketing) Asif Iqbal, 45, Head of Business Development Kazi Safayet Hossain, 45, Abul Kalam, and the helicopter’s pilots Gulzar Hossain, 42, and Shafiqul Islam, 35.
The helicopter developed a mechanical problem and crashed in the field while it was on its way to Dhaka from the Meghna Group factory at Sonargaon’s Meghna Ghat, OC Rahman said quoting the pilot.
“The helicopter crashed from 1,000 feet height after its engine broke down,” he said.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Election Commission has turned cruel towards Awami League, says party’s advisor HT Imam
- Police get control of Sylhet’s 'Atia Mahal' as army ends 'Operation Twilight'
- Judges' services rules with president, says law minister
- Autopsy done on bodies of two militants killed in Sylhet
- 6 Barisal City Corporation councillors suspended on charges of violence
- Visitors barred at Dhaka airport terminals to beef up security ahead of IPU Assembly
- Four dead, 10 missing after trawler sinks in Bagerhat river
- MP Salim Osman to face trial for publicly humiliating school teacher
- Bangladesh, UK sign MoU for ‘strategic dialogue’
- Unidentified bullet-hit body found in Brahmanbarhia
- Four suspects dead inside Sylhet's terror den, army to continue operation
- Former Indian army veterans all praise for Bangladesh para-commandos
- Indian visa rules for Bangladeshis relaxed further
- Bangladesh v Sri Lanka: 2nd ODI in Dambulla
- Army releases videos of assault on Sylhet militant hideout
- Buoyant Bangladesh primed to secure first ODI series against Sri Lanka
- Trump son-in-law to testify on foreign contacts in Russia probe
- Police believe female suspect among four killed in Sylhet is 'Morjina Begum'
- Sex in Thai city frustrates junta
- Bangladesh information minister backs controversial Section 57 of ICT Act