6 injured in N’ganj copter crash
Published: 2013-02-12 11:55:55.0 BdST Updated: 2013-02-12 19:46:32.0 BdST
At least six people were injured when a helicopter of Meghna Group crashed at Rupganj upazila in Narayanganj on Tuesday.
The injured were given first-aid at the Rupganj Upazila Health Complex and sent back to Dhaka.
Rupganj Police Station Officer-in-Charge Mainur Rahman told bdnews24.com that the helicopter crashed into a paddy field at Nawraparha under the upazila’s Kayetparha union around 4pm.
The injured were identified as – Meghna Group Chairman Golam Mostofa’s daughter and company Director Tahmina Mostofa, 24, Executive Director (Marketing) Asif Iqbal, 45, Head of Business Development Kazi Safayet Hossain, 45, Abul Kalam, and the helicopter’s pilots Gulzar Hossain, 42, and Shafiqul Islam, 35.
The helicopter developed a mechanical problem and crashed in the field while it was on its way to Dhaka from the Meghna Group factory at Sonargaon’s Meghna Ghat, OC Rahman said quoting the pilot.
“The helicopter crashed from 1,000 feet height after its engine broke down,” he said.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Bangladesh ace Mustafizur out of IPL's second qualifier with injury
- Sexagenarian Railways Minister Mazibul Hoque becomes father of a baby girl
- Danish Ambassador calls to save 200-yr old dying Bangladeshi tradition
- 11, including 2 candidates, killed in violence in fifth-phase union council elections
- AL leader Hanif claims news of Joy-Safadi meeting is BNP-staged drama
- Ronaldo gives Real Madrid shootout win over Atletico
- Sri Lanka President Sirisena calls for direct Dhaka-Colombo flight
- Japan PM Abe assures Bangladesh of help to achieve middle-income country status
- Making sense of money with magic
- Amber Heard accuses estranged husband Johnny Depp of domestic violence