‘Agnikonthhi’ Lucky hit in the head
Published: 2013-02-10 17:39:44.0 BdST Updated: 2013-02-10 18:54:54.0 BdST
Lucky Akter, slogan-shouting voice of the youth-orchestrated protest, was attacked on Sunday at the Shahbagh intersection, named as ‘Projonmo Chattar.’
“Somebody hit me in the head from behind. I did not see him,” said Akter as she returned to Shahbagh after receiving treatment.
“We will find out the miscreants and punish them,” announced the student, who mesmerised millions of people thronging the place with her striking voice.
She went back to the expectant crowd at around 11:45pm and began chanting slogans after making these two statements, though doctors have advised her to take rest.
The incident occurred around 6:30pm. She received treatment at BIRDEM hospital for two and a half hours.
A doctor at the hospital’s emergency unit told bdnews24.com Akter was brought to the hospital at around 6:35 in the evening.
Days of relentless campaigning have left the ‘Agnikonthhi’, or the one with fiery voice, dehydrated.
Akter has been shouting slogans demanding death penalty for Jamaat-e-Islami leader Quader Molla and other ‘war criminals’ since last Tuesday. She has caught the eye of media and some have termed her ‘Agnikonthi’. Her photo was uploaded on the social media where users wrote comments like – ‘Salute Lucky Akter’.
Feni is the hometown of Akter, a final-year student of English at Jagannath University. She is a Social Welfare Secretary for Bangladesh Chhatra Union’s central council.
She got affiliated with Chhatra Union’s politics through Jagannath University’s ‘Hall movement’ in 2009.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- PM Hasina greets Mamata on her West Bengal win with Hilshas
- Prime Minister Hasina joins G7 Outreach Meeting in Japan
- MP Salim Osman again refuses to apologise to the teacher he abused
- Bob Dylan turns 75, with latest tour and album in the wind
- Police charge BNP’s Aslam with sedition over ‘plot with Israel to overthrow Bangladesh govt’
- New budget keeps present government’s last year in mind: Muhith
- Food crisis in Bandarban's Thanchhi due to heavy rainfall, locals fear worse
- Youth hacks schoolgirl to death, injures her 3 classmates in Chapainawabganj
- PM Hasina accorded red carpet reception in Japan
- Jessore Juvenile Development Centre inmate Sonu claims he was trafficked from Delhi