‘Agnikonthhi’ Lucky hit in the head
Published: 2013-02-10 17:39:44.0 BdST Updated: 2013-02-10 18:54:54.0 BdST
Lucky Akter, slogan-shouting voice of the youth-orchestrated protest, was attacked on Sunday at the Shahbagh intersection, named as ‘Projonmo Chattar.’
“Somebody hit me in the head from behind. I did not see him,” said Akter as she returned to Shahbagh after receiving treatment.
“We will find out the miscreants and punish them,” announced the student, who mesmerised millions of people thronging the place with her striking voice.
She went back to the expectant crowd at around 11:45pm and began chanting slogans after making these two statements, though doctors have advised her to take rest.
The incident occurred around 6:30pm. She received treatment at BIRDEM hospital for two and a half hours.
A doctor at the hospital’s emergency unit told bdnews24.com Akter was brought to the hospital at around 6:35 in the evening.
Days of relentless campaigning have left the ‘Agnikonthhi’, or the one with fiery voice, dehydrated.
Akter has been shouting slogans demanding death penalty for Jamaat-e-Islami leader Quader Molla and other ‘war criminals’ since last Tuesday. She has caught the eye of media and some have termed her ‘Agnikonthi’. Her photo was uploaded on the social media where users wrote comments like – ‘Salute Lucky Akter’.
Feni is the hometown of Akter, a final-year student of English at Jagannath University. She is a Social Welfare Secretary for Bangladesh Chhatra Union’s central council.
She got affiliated with Chhatra Union’s politics through Jagannath University’s ‘Hall movement’ in 2009.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Superintendent Babul Aktar says he was called to discuss his wife’s murder
- Dhaka-Chittagong train ‘Sonar Bangla Express’ launched
- PM Hasina inaugurates work of Metrorail, Bus Rapid Transit depot
- Tonu's father says he feels threatened to speak the truth
- New train ‘Sonar Bangla Express’ to start operating on Dhaka-Chittagong route from Saturday
- All railway coaches built by India under line of credit to arrive by December: High Commission
- BNP leader former army chief Mahbubur Rahman hurt in road traffic accident
- Bangladesh generates record 8,942MW electricity
- Bangladesh Hindu Grand Alliance demands three-day holidays for Durga Puja
- ‘Three more bags’ in Dhaka's Uttara canal a week after arms haul