Blogger knifed in Dhaka
Published: 2013-01-14 18:20:21.0 BdST Updated: 2013-01-14 18:25:40.0 BdST
A group of unknown assailants stabbed blogger Asif Mohiuddin in the capital’s Uttara on Monday night.
He came under attack on his way home from his office at Garib Nawaz Road under Uttara Sector-11 around 10pm.
The motive could not be known immediately.
Asif is now undergoing treatment at Shaheed Monsur Ali Medical College Hospital in Uttara.
Duty doctor at the hospital’s Emergency Department Golam Sarwar told bdnews24.com around 11:15pm that Asif was bleeding profusely as he sustained injuries in five spots in the neck and back.
Plans were underway to take him to Dhaka Medical College Hospital.
Officer-in-charge of Uttara (West Section) Police Station Khandaker Rezaul Islam told bdnews24.com that they were not aware of the incident. “We’re trying to collect information.”
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Bangladesh, India will sign deal to fight cyber terrorism together,Tarana says
- Govt won’t allow more than five mobile-phone SIM cards against one NID
- Police launch anti-militancy drive in Mohammadpur a day after nine killed in Kalyanpur
- UN appoints Bangladeshi as force commander of Cyprus peacekeeping mission
- Police release photos of nine suspected militants killed in Dhaka raid, seek information on them
- Bangladesh begins demolishing unauthorised establishments in terror-hit diplomatic zone
- Militants killed in Dhaka raid said they were members of Islamic State, witness says
- Police release photos of what was found in deadly raid on Kalyanpur militant’s hideout
- Bangladesh to follow UN charter to fight terrorism: Foreign Minister Mahmood Ali
- Authorities shut schools as panic grips Kalyanpur after nine militants killed in raid
- Nine suspected militants dead in gunfight during raid on militant hideout in Dhaka
- Police battle militants in raid on hideout in Dhaka
- Dutch-Bangla Chamber President Hasan Khaled’s body found after he went missing
- Firing was so heavy it seemed we will not survive, recalls resident of Dhaka building raided by police
- Govt orders closure of Darul Ihsan University, outer campuses of private varsities told to shut down
- Kalyanpur, Gulshan militants were from same group, says DMP commissioner
- Nabbed militant Rakibul Hassan Reagan was all set to go to Syria
- 15 confirmed dead in knife attack on facility for people with disability in Japan
- ‘Missing’ youth returns home day after police publish his photo in poster of militants
- Dhaka terror attack suspect arrested in Comilla