Blogger knifed in Dhaka
Published: 2013-01-14 18:20:21.0 BdST Updated: 2013-01-14 18:25:40.0 BdST
A group of unknown assailants stabbed blogger Asif Mohiuddin in the capital’s Uttara on Monday night.
He came under attack on his way home from his office at Garib Nawaz Road under Uttara Sector-11 around 10pm.
The motive could not be known immediately.
Asif is now undergoing treatment at Shaheed Monsur Ali Medical College Hospital in Uttara.
Duty doctor at the hospital’s Emergency Department Golam Sarwar told bdnews24.com around 11:15pm that Asif was bleeding profusely as he sustained injuries in five spots in the neck and back.
Plans were underway to take him to Dhaka Medical College Hospital.
Officer-in-charge of Uttara (West Section) Police Station Khandaker Rezaul Islam told bdnews24.com that they were not aware of the incident. “We’re trying to collect information.”
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Four employees of unauthorised TV channels arrested in Dhaka, police say
- Murder suspect killed in Lakshmipur 'shootout', claim police
- Juba League leader detained with gun at PM’s reception released
- Apparel factory worker in Dhaka run over by train
- Rescuers spot car in Munshiganj river, find driver's body inside
- BNP youth affiliate leader killed in Savar 'shootout', police claim
- Several feared missing after car goes over bridge's railing, plunges into Dhaleshwari River
- BCL activist, attending PM's reception, dies after being hit by train at Khilkhet
- Bangladesh war crimes suspect dies at Dhaka hospital
- Mymensingh road accident kills 5, injures several
- 'Red alert' across India, intelligence anticipates terror attack
- Bangladesh v Afghanistan third ODI
- Traffic jams on Dhaka streets as PM Hasina's supporters gather to welcome her
- Juba League leader detained with gun at 'public reception' of PM Hasina
- Hasina returns after UN General Assembly in US, Global Fund meet in Canada
- Skipper Mashrafe says Afghanistan defeat has not dented Bangladesh confidence
- Pakistan 'completely rejects' Indian claim of cross-border strikes
- Puja Udjapon Parishad calls for Durga immersion by 9pm on Bijoya Dashami
- Man commits suicide after killing minor daughter in Sirajganj, police say
- 'Unusual' rise price spike in Dhaka markets stings buyers