Blogger knifed in Dhaka
Published: 2013-01-14 18:20:21.0 BdST Updated: 2013-01-14 18:25:40.0 BdST
A group of unknown assailants stabbed blogger Asif Mohiuddin in the capital’s Uttara on Monday night.
He came under attack on his way home from his office at Garib Nawaz Road under Uttara Sector-11 around 10pm.
The motive could not be known immediately.
Asif is now undergoing treatment at Shaheed Monsur Ali Medical College Hospital in Uttara.
Duty doctor at the hospital’s Emergency Department Golam Sarwar told bdnews24.com around 11:15pm that Asif was bleeding profusely as he sustained injuries in five spots in the neck and back.
Plans were underway to take him to Dhaka Medical College Hospital.
Officer-in-charge of Uttara (West Section) Police Station Khandaker Rezaul Islam told bdnews24.com that they were not aware of the incident. “We’re trying to collect information.”
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Bangladesh girl ‘raped’ in Dhaka by ‘Facebook friend’
- First female VC of BUET Khaleda Ekram passes away
- India ‘watching’ Chinese defence minister's Dhaka visit closely
- May 22’s HSC, equivalent tests pushed back again to Jun 12 due to UP polls
- Supreme Court rejects State’s appeal on CrPC Sections 54, 167
- Narayanganj 7-murder prime accused Nur Hossain feels dizzy, collapses in the dock during hearing
- Bangladesh child aged 4 appears ancient with swollen face, sagging skin
- Why no damages for detention even after acquittal, asks High Court
- Twin girls found in Bangladesh swamp
- Dhaka court jail a den of harassment for women inmates for lack of separate cell