Blogger knifed in Dhaka
Published: 2013-01-14 18:20:21.0 BdST Updated: 2013-01-14 18:25:40.0 BdST
A group of unknown assailants stabbed blogger Asif Mohiuddin in the capital’s Uttara on Monday night.
He came under attack on his way home from his office at Garib Nawaz Road under Uttara Sector-11 around 10pm.
The motive could not be known immediately.
Asif is now undergoing treatment at Shaheed Monsur Ali Medical College Hospital in Uttara.
Duty doctor at the hospital’s Emergency Department Golam Sarwar told bdnews24.com around 11:15pm that Asif was bleeding profusely as he sustained injuries in five spots in the neck and back.
Plans were underway to take him to Dhaka Medical College Hospital.
Officer-in-charge of Uttara (West Section) Police Station Khandaker Rezaul Islam told bdnews24.com that they were not aware of the incident. “We’re trying to collect information.”
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- UK dispels Brexit concern for Bangladesh
- Election Commission has turned cruel towards Awami League, says party’s advisor HT Imam
- Police get control of Sylhet’s 'Atia Mahal' as army ends 'Operation Twilight'
- Judges' services rules with president, says law minister
- Autopsy done on bodies of two militants killed in Sylhet
- 6 Barisal City Corporation councillors suspended on charges of violence
- Visitors barred at Dhaka airport terminals to beef up security ahead of IPU Assembly
- Four dead, 10 missing after trawler sinks in Bagerhat river
- MP Salim Osman to face trial for publicly humiliating school teacher
- Bangladesh, UK sign MoU for ‘strategic dialogue’
- Four suspects dead inside Sylhet's terror den, army to continue operation
- Former Indian army veterans all praise for Bangladesh para-commandos
- Indian visa rules for Bangladeshis relaxed further
- Bangladesh v Sri Lanka: 2nd ODI in Dambulla
- Army releases videos of assault on Sylhet militant hideout
- Buoyant Bangladesh primed to secure first ODI series against Sri Lanka
- Trump son-in-law to testify on foreign contacts in Russia probe
- Police believe female suspect among four killed in Sylhet is 'Morjina Begum'
- Sex in Thai city frustrates junta
- Bangladesh information minister backs controversial Section 57 of ICT Act