Zafar Iqbal by Humayun's side
Staff Correspondent, bdnews24.com
Published: 2012-07-07 06:43:02.0 BdST Updated: 2012-07-07 06:43:02.0 BdST
The noted science fiction writer has visited the ailing elder brother in New York
New York correspondent
New York, Jul 7 (bdnews24.com)— Professor Zafar Iqbal visited his elder brother Humayun Ahmed on Friday (local NY time) who is currently undergoing cancer treatment in the United States.
Referring to doctors at Bellevue Hospital, Prof Iqbal has told bdnews24.com that Humayun's treatment was going on well and his condition was improving.
Zafar Iqbal, also a popular contemporary Bangladeshi writer, went to Bellevue Hospital with his wife Professor Yasmin Haque and stayed there the whole day.
Humayun is currently staying at the Bellevue hospital after undergoing surgery. Iqbal said doctors there did not tell him how long his brother would have to stay there.
Gazi Abul Kashem, a close friend of Humayun's family, has told bdnews24.com that the writer might take longer to recover as his body's disease resistance capacity has declined due to several chemotherapy cycles for a long time and two surgeries within short time.
Humayun underwent a surgery on Jun 12 but was again admitted to hospital last week after he fell sick.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- PM Hasina inaugurates work of Metrorail, Bus Rapid Transit
- Dhaka-Chittagong train ‘Sonar Bangla Express’ launched
- Superintendent Babul Aktar says he was called to discuss his wife’s murder
- Tonu's father says he feels threatened to speak the truth
- New train ‘Sonar Bangla Express’ to start operating on Dhaka-Chittagong route from Saturday
- Two ‘killers’ of SP Babul’s wife ‘confess’ in Chittagong court
- Banks to remain closed on Jul 4
- Bangladesh generates record 8,942MW electricity
- No scope to misinterpreting SP Babul’s ‘interrogation’, DMP chief says
- Police produce two more suspects in court over murder of SP Babul Aktar’s wife