1,156 workers to get jobs in Poland
Staff Correspondent, bdnews24.com
Published: 2008-05-28 15:01:17.0 BdST Updated: 2008-05-28 15:01:17.0 BdST
The government has selected 1,156 Bangladeshi workers for employment in Poland, the foreign ministry said in a statement Wednesday.
"As of now, 1,156 skilled workers have been pre-selected for jobs in Poland," foreign affairs adviser Iftekhar Ahmed Chowdhury told a meeting at the expatriates welfare and overseas employment ministry.
Iftekhar, also in charge of the expatriates welfare ministry, had a meeting with ministry officials to review progress in exporting workers to Europe.
"Opportunities for employment of skilled Bangladeshi workers are opening up in North American and European countries," Iftekhar said.
You may also like
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- UK ‘disagrees’ with Bangladesh government’s explanation on recent killings
- Punjab assembly recommends Pakistan’s highest honour for war criminal Nizami
- Retailers biometrically registering SIMs without subscribers’ knowledge: BTRC
- Assailants hack Gaibandha man to death inside his shop
- BNP Standing Committee members are like newly-wed brides: Zafrullah Chowdhury
- HC tells State to pay damages to man convicted under ‘inappropriate law'
- ICC rejects BNP-Jamaat complaints: foreign minister
- No Muslim in BJP Cabinet in India’s Assam state
- Bangladesh girl ‘raped’ in Dhaka by ‘Facebook friend’
- Dubai opens world's first functioning 3D-printed office