1,156 workers to get jobs in Poland
Published: 2008-05-28 15:01:17.0 BdST Updated: 2008-05-28 15:01:17.0 BdST
The government has selected 1,156 Bangladeshi workers for employment in Poland, the foreign ministry said in a statement Wednesday.
"As of now, 1,156 skilled workers have been pre-selected for jobs in Poland," foreign affairs adviser Iftekhar Ahmed Chowdhury told a meeting at the expatriates welfare and overseas employment ministry.
Iftekhar, also in charge of the expatriates welfare ministry, had a meeting with ministry officials to review progress in exporting workers to Europe.
"Opportunities for employment of skilled Bangladeshi workers are opening up in North American and European countries," Iftekhar said.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Life imprisonment means jail for rest of life: Full SC verdict published
- Bangladesh sees highest rainfall for 35 years recorded in April
- China's special envoy for Asia Guoxiang in Dhaka
- Ashraf Siddiquee Bitu made assistant press secretary to PM
- Cabinet asks ministries to step up relief efforts in flood-hit Haors
- BGMEA refutes ActionAid’s claim 42% Rana Plaza survivors are jobless
- Cabinet mourns demise of music legend Lucky Akhand
- Two get life terms for rape and drug peddling in Chapai Nawabganj
- Bangladesh man dies when ‘shot' by Indian BSF
- Authorities issue warning for water transport amid bad weather condition
- Messi's 500th Barcelona goal sinks Real Madrid in thriller
- Chevron announces sale of Bangladesh operations
- Govt picks 285 colleges, 40 high schools for nationalisation
- Before heavy rains, fog-like clouds dazzle Dhaka
- Saudi Arabia restores perks to state employees, boosting markets
- Man beaten to death in front of Dhaka’s Sakura bar
- Bangladesh, Poland agree to work on migration and maritime economy sectors
- Body of Maldivian Raudha Athif exhumed for fresh autopsy
- Beware of dengue, chikungunya in intermittent rains
- BNP designate 51 central leaders to rejuvenate party activists across the country