Speaker Shirin Sharmin, Minister Inu join bdnews24.com’s ‘Terrific Ten Years’ celebrations
Senior Correspondent bdnews24.com
Published: 2016-10-23 22:10:10.0 BdST Updated: 2016-10-26 10:14:01.0 BdST
Celebrations marking the "Terrific Ten" years of the first internet newspaper of Bangladesh, bdnews24.com, are under way at the ballroom of Dhaka’s Radisson Blu Dhaka Water Garden hotel.
Parliament Speaker Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury and Information Minister Hasanul Haq Inu joined in the festivities on Sunday evening.
Inu said, "In the process of development of democracy and in developing nations, it is difficult to maintain honest and credible journalism. More so in a country like Bangladesh."
"bdnews24.com is trying to do it to its utmost capacity. Remaining firm to its commitment to journalistic ethics, it is disseminating news preserving its credibility," he observed.
At least 50 photographs published on bdnews24.com in 30 frames have been displayed on the walls of the ballroom depicting major moments in the political history of the country along with events that captured the collective imagination in the bygone decade.
The 2007 arrests of Awami League leader Sheikh Hasina and her BNP counterpart Khaleda Zia have been portrayed in the pictures. A photograph in the collection also shows a special moment of Jatiya Party leader H M Ershad during a 2012 public rally.
The pictures also recapitulate the 2012 Bangladesh trip of Hillary Clinton as US secretary of state.
Former British prime minister Tony Blair, India's Congress party chief Sonia Gandhi and football icon Lionel Messi have also been portrayed in the pictures during their tour of Bangladesh.
The 2012 attack on Buddha Viharas in Ramu, the 2007 Dhaka University students' skirmish with the army, the 2013 Hifazat-e Islam public gathering have also found place in the photo gallery.
Humayun Ahmed's shoot of his last movie is also among the photo collection.
The entrance to the ballroom has a digital screen displaying snapshots of the radical, ground-breaking journey of bdnews24.com.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Bangladesh, Poland agree to work on migration and maritime economy sectors
- Jatiya Party presidium member Bablu marries Ershad’s niece
- ISPR dismisses Times of India report on Indian Army chief's Dhaka visit as 'baseless'
- Initial tests reveal radiation in Sunamganj backswamps not alarming
- Death toll in Dinajpur rice mill boiler blast rises to nine
- Lightning kills five in Bangladesh coastal districts
- India 'relaxes' loan conditions for Bangladesh, Finance Minister Muhith says
- Govt picks 285 colleges, 40 high schools for nationalisation
- Govt promotes 267 public servants to deputy secretaries
- Bangladesh to introduce rota virus, HPV vaccines in 2018