EU ambassador Mayaudon meets BNP chief Khaleda
Senior Correspondent, bdnews24.com
Published: 2017-02-28 02:08:57.0 BdST Updated: 2017-02-28 02:08:57.0 BdST
Ambassador and Head of Delegation of the European Union in Dhaka, Pierre Mayaudon, has met BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia.
The meeting at Khaleda's Gulshan offices started at 5pm on Monday and it lasted for about two hours.
The EU ambassador did not spek to the media after the meeting, neither the BNP did make any comment.
Several BNP leaders told bdnews24.com on condition of anonymity that Khaleda and Mayaudon discussed issues relating to the current state of politics in Bangladesh, the next parliamentary election, the new Election Commission, and human rights condition.
BNP Secretary General Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir, Standing Committee Members Abdul Moyeen Khan, Amir Khasru Mahmud Chowdhury and the Chairperson's Adviser Reaz Rahman were present at the meeting.
On Feb 22, US Ambassador Marcia Bernicat met the BNP chief "as part of a series of meetings with Bangladesh's political parties to understand the state of politics."
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- No cause for satisfaction over 'successes in a few anti-terror raids', says BNP chief Khaleda
- Raushon Ershad blames lack of jobs for youths for rising militancy in Bangladesh
- BNP softens stance against Chief Election Commissioner Nurul Huda
- London attack: Khaleda sends condolence letter to UK PM May
- BNP taunts government for 'delayed realisation of Genocide Day'
- Stop playing the militancy card for political gain, says BNP's Fakhrul
- Teesta deal to be signed in time, says Awami League's Obaidul Quader
- BNP, Jamaat lawyers dominate in Supreme Court Bar Association election
- Awami League joins Brussels to condemn terror attack
- Defence pact with India may ruin Bangladesh’s freedom, says Fakhrul
- Former Indian army veterans all praise for Bangladesh para-commandos
- Rain sinks Sri Lanka hopes after Mendis century, Taskin hat-trick in Dambulla
- Autopsy done on bodies of two militants killed in Sylhet
- Visitors barred at Dhaka airport terminals to beef up security ahead of IPU Assembly
- Police get control of Sylhet’s 'Atia Mahal' as army ends 'Operation Twilight'
- Bombs turned Atia Mahal into a death trap, says army after Operation Twilight
- Four suspects dead inside Sylhet's terror den, army to continue operation
- Bangladesh information minister backs controversial Section 57 of ICT Act
- MP Salim Osman to face trial for publicly humiliating school teacher
- Indian visa rules for Bangladeshis relaxed further