Court adjourns hearing Khaleda's statement in Charitable Trust graft till Jan 12
Court Correspondent bdnews24.com
Published: 2017-01-05 15:15:59.0 BdST Updated: 2017-01-05 15:41:46.0 BdST
A Dhaka court has deferred hearing Khaleda Zia's statement in Zia Charitable Trust graft case.
On Thursday, the former prime minister appeared before the court of Dhaka's Third Special Judge Abu Ahmad Jamadar.
The court fixed Jan 12 to conclude hearing Khaleda's defence statement.
The court at Old Dhaka's Baskhibazar is also trying Khaleda for the Zia Orphanage Trust corruption charges.
The defence has petitioned for a fresh deposition of a prosecution witness on Thursday in the case, which is expected to be heard in the afternoon.
In 2008, the Anti Corruption Commission filed the Zia Orphanage Trust graft case against six including Khaleda and her son Tarique Rahman.
In 2011, the anti-corruption watchdog sued the BNP chief and three others for embezzlement of Tk 31.5 million of the Zia Charitable Trust.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- BNP sees strains on president-PM relations over 'difference on talks'
- President Hamid says he will consider all parties' proposals on forming next EC
- BNP leader Sabih Uddin admitted to Dhaka’s United Hospital
- Kader Siddique loses final legal battle over Tangail-4 by-polls nomination
- President Hamid urges parties to talk for fair election
- Nirob made Juba Dal president, Tuku general secretary
- Tangail Awami League expels MP Rana, prime suspect in freedom fighter's murder
- Zafrullah advises Rizvi to limit making media comments
- Hifazat-e Islam praises govt for ‘cleansing textbooks’
- PM asks ruling Awami League to get ready for a tough parliamentary election
- Bangladeshi gas station worker shot dead in Los Angeles
- Government splits home ministry in two divisions
- 'Brand Bangladesh’ on world stage in Davos World Economic Forum
- First freight train from China to Britain arrives in London
- Former Egypt ambassador in Dhaka to take back his seized car
- Woman surrenders to police after murdering husband
- Muminul dropped from Christchurch Test, Mustafizur, Shanto included
- Police arrest alleged attacker of Sylhet college girl Zhuma
- Obama suggests US embassy shift to Jerusalem could be 'explosive'
- Hasina faces question on Rampal Power Plant at Davos