New draft law proposes official clearance mandatory for building houses in villages
Senior Correspondent, bdnews24.com
Published: 2017-03-20 17:20:36.0 BdST Updated: 2017-03-20 17:20:36.0 BdST
The government has cleared the draft of a new law which proposes mandatory official clearance for building houses in rural areas as well as use of land across the country.
Provisions of five-year prison term and a Tk 5 million fine have been kept as penalties for offenders.
On Monday, a Cabinet meeting chaired by Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina approved the draft of the 'Urban and Regional Planning Act 2017.'
"The law is meant to reform the land management process. It has several provisions facilitating planned use of land," Cabinet Secretary Mohammad Shafiul Alam told the media.
"The 25-member executive council will be headed by the public works secretary," said Alam.
The minister-led panel will act as a policymaking body, while the executive council will be in charge of implementing those.
"Official clearance from the advisors' council will be required for using lands for every government and private organizations as well as individuals," said the secretary.
He, however, said the council will be able to empower any government organization to issue clearances.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- US may accuse North Korea of theft of Bangladesh reserves at New York Fed: Wall Street Journal
- NSA official points the finger at North Korea in Bangladesh Bank heist
- New draft law proposes official clearance mandatory for building houses in villages
- World economy picks up after decade of stagnation
- Rooppur N-power plant: Bangladesh, Russia agree on spent fuel management plan
- Planning ministry detects misuse of fund in Chittagong court building construction
- Inflation rose again in February
- Foreign Direct Investment goes up by 7.8% in first seven months of 2016-17
- Islami Bank is not operating in Islamic way: Ibrahim Khaled
- Salman F Rahman surprised at seeing his name on global list of super-rich
- Hardline Muslim group demand removal of Bangabandhu statue in Kolkata
- Assailant shot, at least a dozen injured in incident at UK parliament
- Sheikh Hasina's India visit: What's new in Dhaka, Delhi defence tie?
- Customs seize Moosa bin Shamsher's car
- Ready to execute Mufti Hannan after receiving government order, says IG Prisons
- Sonali Bank gets Bangladesh Bank nod to start PayPal services
- Bangladesh warns of huge terrorist influx into India, says Times of India
- Moosa’s son accuses government of ‘taking dignity away from people’
- Shakib overtakes Ashwin for top Test allrounders spot after Bangladesh’s Colombo triumph
- HuJI leader Mufti Hannan might seek presidential clemency, say jail authorities