Foreign Direct Investment goes up by 7.8% in first seven months of 2016-17
Chief Economics Correspondent, bdnews24.com
Published: 2017-03-13 02:19:53.0 BdST Updated: 2017-03-13 02:36:47.0 BdST
Bangladesh has received $1.71 billion in Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) between July and January in 2016-17 fiscal which is clearly a positive indication for the country’s economy.
According to the central bank data, of the investments $975 million is the net investment.
The investment is 7.8 percent higher than the corresponding period last year.
At the same period in last fiscal, the country received $1.597 billion in FDI including $898 million net investment. The net investment is calculated when the foreign investors take away their share of the income from the investment.
Finance Minister AMA Muhith said that the positive trend would as there was a congenial business environment was prevailing in the country.
He told bdnews24.com on Sunday that “last year the FDI had broken all previous record. If the current trend continues, it will be repeated this fiscal too.”
FDI in the last fiscal was more than $2 billion, which was 9.34% higher than $1.83 billion of the previous fiscal.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- US may accuse North Korea of theft of Bangladesh reserves at New York Fed: Wall Street Journal
- NSA official points the finger at North Korea in Bangladesh Bank heist
- New draft law proposes official clearance mandatory for building houses in villages
- World economy picks up after decade of stagnation
- Rooppur N-power plant: Bangladesh, Russia agree on spent fuel management plan
- Planning ministry detects misuse of fund in Chittagong court building construction
- Inflation rose again in February
- Foreign Direct Investment goes up by 7.8% in first seven months of 2016-17
- Islami Bank is not operating in Islamic way: Ibrahim Khaled
- Salman F Rahman surprised at seeing his name on global list of super-rich
- Hardline Muslim group demand removal of Bangabandhu statue in Kolkata
- Assailant shot, at least a dozen injured in incident at UK parliament
- Sheikh Hasina's India visit: What's new in Dhaka, Delhi defence tie?
- Customs seize Moosa bin Shamsher's car
- Ready to execute Mufti Hannan after receiving government order, says IG Prisons
- Sonali Bank gets Bangladesh Bank nod to start PayPal services
- Bangladesh warns of huge terrorist influx into India, says Times of India
- Shakib overtakes Ashwin for top Test allrounders spot after Bangladesh’s Colombo triumph
- HuJI leader Mufti Hannan might seek presidential clemency, say jail authorities
- Moosa’s son accuses government of ‘taking dignity away from people’