Inflation dropped by 0.19 percentage point in November
Staff Correspondent, bdnews24.com
Published: 2016-12-06 22:16:22.0 BdST Updated: 2016-12-07 20:43:52.0 BdST
Inflation has come down slightly in November after previous month's hike in food price that had pushed point-to-point inflation up in October.
The inflation in November stood at 5.38 percent compared to 5.57 percent the previous month, according to the latest figures by the Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics released on Tuesday.
Planning Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal told reporters at the end of ECNEC meeting on Tuesday that due to the abundance in market, the price of essential commodities like rice, pulses, onion, garlic and vegetable has come down, which has an impact on receding inflation level.
“We hope we would be able to keep inflation within our target, 5.5 percent in the current fiscal, 2016-17,” the minister said.
In overall inflation, the food inflation is recorded at 5.41 percent while other sectors’ inflation stands at 5.33 percent in November, according to the BBS report.
Food price inflation in urban area has come down to 6.35 percent in November from 6.74 percent in the previous year, the report added.
Any unauthorised use or reproduction of bdnews24.com content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited and constitutes copyright infringement liable to legal action.
- Banks asked not to take loan instalments from farmers in Haor areas
- IFC eager to invest in agriculture
- World Bank Group, China-led AIIB agree to deepen cooperation
- Akbar Ali Khan sees no sign of good governance in near future
- India 'relaxes' loan conditions for Bangladesh, Finance Minister Muhith says
- Muhith expects 7.5 percent growth in 2016-17 fiscal
- Bangladesh relies on BIMSTEC as SAARC fails: Gowher Rizvi
- Remittances to developing countries decline for second straight year: World Bank report
- Oil price cut to come after PM gives approval: AMA Muhith
- World Bank to give Bangladesh $6 billion credit in three years
- Bangladesh directors to boycott actor Shakib Khan
- Former British PM David Cameron coming to Dhaka
- Hasina slams critics of bid to remove statue from Supreme Court premises
- SSC results date announced
- ‘Improvised bomb’ found at Sylhet school
- Reports of North Korea artillery drill as US submarine makes South Korea port call
- Security forces raid Rajshahi homes
- Bangladesh life expectancy up: BBS
- Bangladesh sees highest rainfall for 35 years recorded in April
- Emma Watson remembers Rana Plaza in tweet